New User: Please help! (note length, loading and saving issues)

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
Lord_Magic
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:09 am

New User: Please help! (note length, loading and saving issues)

Postby Lord_Magic » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:36 am

Hello!

I've been using G Stomper for only a week now and I'm fairly new to music producing as well (G Stomper is my first DAW ever). Could somebody please tell me how to increase the length of a note in the synth section? When I try to do it in the edit (note length) mode, the note values sometimes over-extend to places I don't want them.

What I want basically, is that if I'm pressing C#, then instead of playing C# in three short bursts (as if hitting the key thrice in real life) I want to hit the note only once (like long pressing the key in real life) but with a length equivalent to the previous case.

Secondly, how do you start a brand new project in G Stomper? I have saved a few projects and I can't seem to find a way to start from scratch again other than going to the pattern set and clearing the pattern set. When I do this, the pattern set becomes an < unnamed pattern set> and so I think I've done my job, but once I exit the program and reopen it, once again it plays the older pattern set (the one I had cleared!).

Could somebody please help me with this?
I'd be grateful!
User avatar
planet-h
Posts: 1429
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:46 pm

Re: New User: Please help! (note length, loading and saving issues)

Postby planet-h » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:18 pm

Lord_Magic wrote:I've been using G Stomper for only a week now and I'm fairly new to music producing as well (G Stomper is my first DAW ever). Could somebody please tell me how to increase the length of a note in the synth section? When I try to do it in the edit (note length) mode, the note values sometimes over-extend to places I don't want them.

Change note length:
https://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/ ... part74.htm

Set default note length:
https://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/ ... part83.htm

Lord_Magic wrote:What I want basically, is that if I'm pressing C#, then instead of playing C# in three short bursts (as if hitting the key thrice in real life) I want to hit the note only once (like long pressing the key in real life) but with a length equivalent to the previous case.

Real-Time note recording:
https://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/ ... part12.htm

Lord_Magic wrote:Secondly, how do you start a brand new project in G Stomper? I have saved a few projects and I can't seem to find a way to start from scratch again other than going to the pattern set and clearing the pattern set. When I do this, the pattern set becomes an < unnamed pattern set> and so I think I've done my job, but once I exit the program and reopen it, once again it plays the older pattern set (the one I had cleared!).

Main Menu / CLR / Pattern Set
That does the job.
To ensure that there is no auto-saved project, press "EXIT" on the main drum machine view, and then select "discard and exit". This wipes the auto-saved project.
Lord_Magic
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:09 am

Re: New User: Please help! (note length, loading and saving issues)

Postby Lord_Magic » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:18 am

Thanks a lot! :)

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests