Setup: Multiple actions for 1 MIDI input, interrupting sample

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper

Setup: Multiple actions for 1 MIDI input, interrupting sample

Postby 001 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:12 pm

Hello, apologies if something similar already exists in the program or if this has already been asked.

While setting up my MIDI drumkit to use G-Stomper Rhythm as a samples source, I noticed few things:
-The hi-hat pedal, which should instantly stop the sound assigned to one of the drum inputs, does not work that way when connected to the program.
-It is only possible to assign one action to each input from my MIDI device, in the Setup menu > Global Key Mappings
-The "Sample Mute ON/OFF" feature in the Globay Key Mappings (from the MIDI tab in the Setup menu) does not immediately mute the assigned sample when the button is pressed. Instead, it only mutes it if the button is being pressed and held before the sample starts playing.

As such, I think it would be very nice if there was the option to assign one input to multiple actions, as well as an "Instantly Mute" action in the Global Key Mappings, or something to that effect. It would help me with my situation, and I think it might be useful in other cases as well.
However, if there is an alternative solution to my issue, I would like to know. Thank you :)
(PS. I am a complete beginner at this, so I hope I didn't misuse any technical terms :? )
planet-h

Re: Setup: Multiple actions for 1 MIDI input, interrupting sample

Postby planet-h » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:18 pm

Welcome to the forum, hhh
and thanks for your message.

Since this is actually possible already, I've moved your topic over to general questions.

hhh wrote:While setting up my MIDI drumkit to use G-Stomper Rhythm as a samples source, I noticed few things:
-The hi-hat pedal, which should instantly stop the sound assigned to one of the drum inputs, does not work that way when connected to the program.
-It is only possible to assign one action to each input from my MIDI device, in the Setup menu > Global Key Mappings
-The "Sample Mute ON/OFF" feature in the Globay Key Mappings (from the MIDI tab in the Setup menu) does not immediately mute the assigned sample when the button is pressed. Instead, it only mutes it if the button is being pressed and held before the sample starts playing.

This can easily be achieved using a mute group with 3 DrumSampler Tracks.
Example:
Add T07, T08, T09 all to the same mute group, e.g. Mute Group A.
T08 = Closed HH
T09 = Open HH
T07 = Some silent sample, you can use a short sample and set the its level to zero.
Now map the hi hat pedal to T07 if you want it just to stop T08 and/or T09.
Otherwise you can map the pedal to T08, which will play the Closed HH and stop T09.

More about mute groups here
https://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/ ... part47.htm
and here
https://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/ ... part48.htm

hhh wrote:As such, I think it would be very nice if there was the option to assign one input to multiple actions, as well as an "Instantly Mute" action in the Global Key Mappings, or something to that effect. It would help me with my situation, and I think it might be useful in other cases as well.
However, if there is an alternative solution to my issue, I would like to know. Thank you :)
(PS. I am a complete beginner at this, so I hope I didn't misuse any technical terms :? )

I guess with "instantly mute" you mean a mute that hard cuts the samples instead of just muting the sequence as the mutes currently do.
Such mutes are not planned, sorry.
But I'm pretty sure the mute group solution above should work very well.
If you have further questions about the mute group solution, just let me know.

Postby 001 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:21 pm

Hello, sorry for the late reply. That works, thank you very much! :D
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:28 pm

hhh wrote:Hello, sorry for the late reply. That works, thank you very much! :D

Excellent, thanks for the success report.
jackyjoy123

Postby jackyjoy123 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:26 pm

001 wrote:Hello, sorry for the late reply. That works, thank you very much! :D

thanks for the awesome information.

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”