How to load sound sets?

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
Littlewoodg
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:55 am

How to load sound sets?

Postby Littlewoodg » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:35 pm

I’m unable to access the sound sets I’ve purchased for G-Stomper Producer

If I long press on User Soundsets
I’m taken to the folder “soundsets” where one pack of soundsets can be found, but none of those sets load.

If I navigate backwards in the file system to “spsoundsets” I see the packs I’ve bought, but when I select one and load from the “Load Sound Set” dashboard, the set does not load.

I’ve reinstalled Producer and all the packs I’ve bought with no success.

Please advise,
I love Producer and can’t wait to try theses soundsets in it.
User avatar
planet-h
Posts: 1317
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:46 pm

Re: How to load sound sets?

Postby planet-h » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:45 pm

Thanks for your message, Littlewoodg.
This is not a bug, therefore I've moved the topic to General Questions.
Littlewoodg wrote:I’m unable to access the sound sets I’ve purchased for G-Stomper Producer

If I long press on User Soundsets
I’m taken to the folder “soundsets” where one pack of soundsets can be found, but none of those sets load.

If I navigate backwards in the file system to “spsoundsets” I see the packs I’ve bought, but when I select one and load from the “Load Sound Set” dashboard, the set does not load.

I’ve reinstalled Producer and all the packs I’ve bought with no success.

Please advise,
I love Producer and can’t wait to try theses soundsets in it.

There are two kinds of add on packs:

1. New ones with version 3.0 and above. Those can be loaded like shown in the docs: https://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/html/G-Stomper_UserManual_AddOnPacks/part8.htm

2. Older ones, that have used the Shared Storage. If you want to use those as you did in the older G-Stomper versions, simply copy or move your folder '/sdcard/gstomper' to '/sdcard/Android/data/com.planeth.gstomperproducer/files/gstomper'. Once you did that, everything will work exactly as in the old version.
Just keep in mind that once you've moved the folder, you should no longer uninstall the G-Stomper Producer app, as otherwise the moved gstomper folder will be deleted automatically.
How exactly you do that is covered in the FAQ at: I don't like the new File System Handling. How can I get the old Handling back?
Littlewoodg
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:55 am

Re: How to load sound sets?

Postby Littlewoodg » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:46 pm

Thanks!
It was essentially user error, I didn’t really understand how the file system on my device handled the pack installation, and where to look when I longpressed for user files...

So all is great now, except that after figuring out how to get sound sets loaded, I bought 10 more packs...
User avatar
planet-h
Posts: 1317
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:46 pm

Re: How to load sound sets?

Postby planet-h » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:12 pm

Littlewoodg wrote:Thanks!
It was essentially user error, I didn’t really understand how the file system on my device handled the pack installation, and where to look when I longpressed for user files...

It's totally understandable that the file system change that came in with Android 10 (starting with Android 8) might be a bit confusing.
The long press actually tries to drop you in /sdcard/gstomper/soundsets, as this is where user sound sets were stored in older versions.
But once you're in the System Files Picker, you can load Sound Sets from everywhere.
The reason why the sound sets in /sdcard/gstomper/spsoundsets did not work is because these older sound sets were not saved as self-containing files with samples embedded.
That's why you see the actual file, but in the loading process, the samples are not found, and that's why the copy procedure was required.
Sorry for that inconvenience.

Littlewoodg wrote:So all is great now, except that after figuring out how to get sound sets loaded, I bought 10 more packs...

Thanks a million for the additional purchases:).

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest