studio <> producer

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
siestomp

studio <> producer

Postby siestomp » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:28 pm

Hi,
I am nosy :D
what is, or will be the difference of studio compared to producer?
horst
planet-h

Re: studio <> producer

Postby planet-h » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:42 am

Welcome to the forum, siestomp.
And thanks for your message.

siestomp wrote:Hi,
I am nosy :D
what is, or will be the difference of studio compared to producer?
horst

The short answer:
G-Stomper Studio is a typical Groovebox workstation, comparable with classic drum machines, just with 100 times more features. It is mainly focused for live usage.
G-Stomper Producer is brand new, and is more focused on production (while not being less useful for live sessions). Other than G-Stomper Studio it comes with a graphical multi-track song arranger.

For direct feature comparison, please check out the product comparison chart at:
https://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/html/G-Stomper_UserManual_Introduction/part7.htm

What is G-Stomper Producer?
G-Stomper Producer is a fast and flexible Music Sequencer and Digital Audio Workstation, designed for use in live performance as well as for production. It comes with a powerful Drum Sampler, a polyphonic and multi-timbral Virtual Analog Performance Synthesizer (VA-Beast), Sounds, Effects, Sequencers, Pads and Keyboards, a graphical Multi-Track Song Arranger, and many other creative features that help you to create your own music.

G-Stomper Producer is the answer to zillions of feature requests over the last 6 years that have been technically impossible to be integrated in G-Stomper Studio.

G-Stomper Producer comes 1) with a new, intuitive navigation concept, 2) with independent timing and measurements per track, and 3) with a brand new multi-track song arranger.

Here are the core differences between G-Stomper Studio (GSS) and G-Stomper Producer (GSP):

G-Stomper Studio
1 Sequencer that can play one Pattern (and timing) at a time
A pattern contains up to 36 tracks, which are all bound to it and to the surrounding sequencer (that’s the old hardware groovebox way).
With this setup, it’s technically impossible to arrange a song track by track.

G-Stomper Producer
1 Global Sequencer
Up to 39 Track Sequencers (each with its own patterns and timing)
So you can mix for example a kick drum at 4/4 with a triplet high hat at 5/8, each with totally independent timing (including swing).
The tempo/bpm of the particular track sequencers is always synced with the global sequencer, but the step timing, swing, and pattern measurement can be different per track.
As everything is split into tracks on sequencer base, you’ll be able to arrange your songs track by track.

This article explains every aspect of G-Stomper Producer, compared to G-Stomper Studio:
https://www.planet-h.com/2019/06/11/int ... -producer/

Hope that answers your question.
siestomp

Postby siestomp » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:34 am

planet-h wrote:Hope that answers your question.

Yes, thank you.
Especially the comparison chart has been helpfull, I have not found it at the website.
Will be exciting to link both of them on two machines via ableton link.
horst
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:59 pm

siestomp wrote:Especially the comparison chart has been helpfull, I have not found it at the website.

Thanks for the report.
I'll see if I can place a direct link to it on the product pages. That would surely be helpful.

siestomp wrote:Will be exciting to link both of them on two machines via ableton link.

Be sure to try that, you'll love it ;)

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”