How to enter long Notes into the Poly Grid Sequencer

Share your favorite G-Stomper tips and tricks and learn from other users.
planet-h

How to enter long Notes into the Poly Grid Sequencer

Postby planet-h » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:58 pm

1. Tap the grid (one or multiple times) to enter 1/16 notes.
2. Press the 'Edit' button to enable the edit mode.
3. Right beside the 'Edit' button is the 'Edited Parameter' button, labeled 'Length' or 'Velocity'. Make sure that it's set to 'Length'.
4. Now tap or swipe over the notes in the grid that you want to make longer (the turn to a different color when selected).
5. Use the 2 buttons (labeled with up and down arrows) to rise or lower the length.

Note: You can do the same for the 'Velocity', just set 'Velocity' in Step 3. instead of 'Length'.

The numbers on the notes in the grid show either the length (1-128 steps) or the velocity (0-127), depending on the currently edited parameter, 'Length' or 'Velocity.
derrtiblu

Re: How to enter long Notes into the Poly Grid Sequencer

Postby derrtiblu » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:29 am

Hmmmm....... this is hittin' right where i need help with. Cause in the tutorial video of 17 minutes long. U use a sample note grid. And one of my recent post i was asking about making long chords. And u pointed a wavetable synth. ((( idk what this is or where??? Is it in g stomper??? ))) but this sumwhat helps with what i was looking for thanx!!

Peace
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:53 pm

derrtiblu wrote:Hmmmm....... this is hittin' right where i need help with. Cause in the tutorial video of 17 minutes long. U use a sample note grid. And one of my recent post i was asking about making long chords. And u pointed a wavetable synth. ((( idk what this is or where??? Is it in g stomper??? ))) but this sumwhat helps with what i was looking for thanx!!

Peace

The tutorial video explains both, the Sampler Note Grid at 7:55 and the VA-Beast Poly Grid at 9:48. The Poly Grid is used for the Synth parts, it's used for the bass line + for a synth chord part.

Yes, I pointed to wavetable synthesis, which will come to the VA-Beast some day, but it's not integrated yet. Probably end of year (without guarantee).
derrtiblu

Postby derrtiblu » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:37 am

Hmmmm....... just quite a few spread around for me. Very confusing two me. And its not so easy two just plug earbuds and play. Soooo i'm throw off by all of the sounds in the soundset, sample grid, and va beast and va piano. I know its not the app!!!!

But my understanding of i can do, verses with my ideas what i wanna do. This app does not appear simple at all for me. But i will take baby steps two understand.

And not take it out on u or the app. Cause the problem is me.
TomVal

Postby TomVal » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:31 am

Wish I could enter note length numerically
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:34 am

TomVal wrote:Wish I could enter note length numerically

Press the "Grid CFG" button in the upper left corner of the Poly Grid.
There you can set the default note length and velocity for new created notes (with large controls).

Maybe that's easier to use for you.
admod

Postby admod » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:35 pm

Editing in the poly grid sampler is not so immediate in g stomper. I find it very close to most common hardware step sequencers (that are a pain in the back to edit).
I think best would be something like the qbase sequencer/editor with a pencil drawing the length of a note.
Don't know how easy it would be in terms of the app code though.
Holy shit, my album CUT is out now!
https://admod.bandcamp.com/releases
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:48 pm

admod wrote:Editing in the poly grid sampler is not so immediate in g stomper. I find it very close to most common hardware step sequencers (that are a pain in the back to edit).
I think best would be something like the qbase sequencer/editor with a pencil drawing the length of a note.
Don't know how easy it would be in terms of the app code though.

I'm aware of that, thanks for bringing it back in mind.
I'm currently working on something completely new. I cannot say too much yet, but it will be a new app. It won't be a replacement for G-Stomper Studio, it'll be a new member in the G-Stomper app family.
One thing that will surely get an overhaul is the synth sequencing, and at some point in the future, these changes will probably be reflected in G-Stomper Studio.
ReadingSteiner_11

Postby ReadingSteiner_11 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:49 pm

I'll be looking forwards to it, then!

Still, thanks to everyone who participated to that thread, I could work it out as well.

Return to “Tips and Tricks”