Start/Stop Via Midi with reset to start

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
Amadeus

Start/Stop Via Midi with reset to start

Postby Amadeus » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:24 am

Hi, does anyone know of a way to get the patterns to start and stop from the begining of a pattern via midi/bluetooth on a single footswitch command? I have a Alesis SR18 which works this way, press once to start then once again to stop it and the drum pattern returns to the begining so when you press start again it starts in time and not from a paused state. Any help would be appreciated, I would love to use this in live performance but this is the only thing holding me from doing so. Thanks.
planet-h

Re: Start/Stop Via Midi with reset to start

Postby planet-h » Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:12 am

Welcome to the forum, Amadeus
Thanks for reaching out.

Amadeus wrote:Hi, does anyone know of a way to get the patterns to start and stop from the begining of a pattern via midi/bluetooth on a single footswitch command? I have a Alesis SR18 which works this way, press once to start then once again to stop it and the drum pattern returns to the begining so when you press start again it starts in time and not from a paused state. Any help would be appreciated, I would love to use this in live performance but this is the only thing holding me from doing so. Thanks.

Al you have to do is to send multiple "MIDI stop" events from your pedal when you tap it once.
Depending on the app you're using the the amount of continued MIDI stop events to be sent varies.

--------------------------------

G-Stomper Rhythm:
1. MIDI Stop event ==> Stops the sequencer where it is
2. MIDI Stop event ==> Resets the sequencer position to the beginning of the current pattern

G-Stomper Studio Song Mode:
2. MIDI Stop event ==> Resets the sequencer position to the beginning of the first pattern in the song arrangement

G-Stomper Studio Pattern Mode:
2. MIDI Stop event ==> Resets the sequencer position to the beginning of the current pattern

G-Stomper Producer Song Mode:
2. MIDI Stop event ==> Resets the sequencer position to the beginning of the current track pattern
3. MIDI Stop event ==> Resets the sequencer position to the start marker, if the sequencer position was after the start marker, and to the start of the song otherwise.
4. MIDI Stop event ==> Resets the sequencer position to the beginning song arrangement

G-Stomper Producer Pattern Mode:

Amadeus

Postby Amadeus » Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:29 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the response,
I can't find a way from within midi settings on G-stomper to select multiple "MIDI stop" events from the pedal, or is it something I must do on the pedal itself?
I am using a M-Vave Chocolate Bluetooth Midi Controller Footswitch.
Thanks again foryour help.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:58 pm

Yes, you must setup the pedal itself, so that it sends multiple MIDI stop events when tapping the foot switch once.

There is an app provided by m-wave to setup the device.
Found a link to it here: https://forum.mod.audio/t/midi-chocolat ... ction/7003

Hope that helps
Amadeus

Postby Amadeus » Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:07 pm

I will look into it and report back hopefully with some positive news.
Thanks again.
Amadeus

Postby Amadeus » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:12 pm

So.. After many hours spent trying to resolve my Start/Stop issues, I still can find a way to do it on a single press, ie: once for start and once again for stop. I have to assign two seperate pedals and I can't find a way of programming any of my pedals to make this happen.

If anyone can tell me what I am doing wrong I would love to hear from you.

Thanks

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”