commercial use

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
Luke_7

commercial use

Postby Luke_7 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:08 pm

In the terms it says that me may use the software for private, non-comercial use. Does this mean that we aren't allowed to sell the music we produce with the software?
planet-h

Re: commercial use

Postby planet-h » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:45 am

Welcome to the forum, Luke
Luke_7 wrote:In the terms it says that me may use the software for private, non-comercial use. Does this mean that we aren't allowed to sell the music we produce with the software?

What you're referring to is the software license in the terms:
Subject to your compliance with these terms, Planet-h.com grants you a limited, personal, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, worldwide and non-exclusive license (hereinafter the “license”) to use our services for your own personal, non-commercial use, under the following conditions:

Meant that you are not allowed to re-sell your software license to anybody else. Furthermore you are not allowed to provide any service to any other party, which was origninally provided by us to you.
This applies also if you're part of a company, in other words, the license to use or software or services is for you, and only for you.
Please read further in the terms about sharing your created content.
It's all covered in the terms.

What you are strictly not allowed to is to use our demo content (such as demo songs or patterns) and sell them as your own, as these are part of the software that is provide by us.
Luke_7

Re: commercial use

Postby Luke_7 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:42 pm

Thank you very much for your answer and the explanation. Now, I understand how it is meant. :) I had assumed it was meant like this, but just wasn't sure.

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”