Midi CC parameter settings on loading project

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
Ferg

Midi CC parameter settings on loading project

Postby Ferg » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:48 pm

Hi
I have midi cc parameters mapped on the VA beast synth in producer so that a synth track can be controlled by an APK mini controller. I also have a microkorg mapped to another synth track which is set up as a midi instrument track. When I load or clear a project irrelevant CC parameter values are being sent to the microkorg which alters the microkorg settings in unpredictable ways. I want to be able to automate modulation on the microkorg so I don't want to disable sending cc messages altogether, is it possible to prevent cc parameter values being sent to midi instrument channels when I load a project?

Thanks
planet-h

Re: Midi CC parameter settings on loading project

Postby planet-h » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:33 pm

Thanks for your message, Ferg.
Ferg wrote:I also have a microkorg mapped to another synth track which is set up as a midi instrument track. When I load or clear a project irrelevant CC parameter values are being sent to the microkorg which alters the microkorg settings in unpredictable ways. I want to be able to automate modulation on the microkorg so I don't want to disable sending cc messages altogether, is it possible to prevent cc parameter values being sent to midi instrument channels when I load a project?

You cannot disable the parameters from being fired out.
But what you can do is the following:

The VA-Beast CC Mappings have a quite complete default setup, which is great in many situations. But this can result in problems with some MIDI hardware, as not all MIDI gear can handle all the CC that are fired towards it, or the MIDI gear handles it in another way than you expect.
Therefore you should clean all the CC mappings and then start from scratch.

Go to: SETUP / MIDI / VA-Beast CC Mappings / ... then select "Clear All" to throw.
Once you have a clean mapping table, you can start from scratch with mapping only those parameters you really need.

That should solve the problem.
Ferg

Postby Ferg » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:57 am

Hi, thanks for the response. I have cc mappings set up for the akai controller on the other track. What I don't fully understand is what initial parameters are being sent on a track which has been set to midi instrument (internal off). Is it sending the settings for the VA beast synth which is not in use?

Thanks
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:15 pm

Ferg wrote:Hi, thanks for the response. I have cc mappings set up for the akai controller on the other track. What I don't fully understand is what initial parameters are being sent on a track which has been set to midi instrument (internal off). Is it sending the settings for the VA beast synth which is not in use?

It sends all mapped MIDI CC for all tracks/instruments where you have mapped a MIDI channel and a MIDI Out Port.
If this track is actually used or not is irrelevant.
ReadingSteiner_11

Postby ReadingSteiner_11 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:37 am

Thanks, I'm slowly exploring the software and its functions and had trouble handling midi tracks... It's all clear now!

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”