lpd8 wirelless midi mapping - INDEPENDENT controller action

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
lonbluster

Re: lpd8 wirelless midi mapping - INDEPENDENT controller action

Postby lonbluster » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:33 pm

I d rather give up the Solo/Mute on Program 3 and use Note/Trigger events instead.. So I can have a large octave for the selected track… it matches the notes on the Lpd eg. 83 is B5. I just need to make them unique

Thanks!
lonbluster

Postby lonbluster » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:34 pm

After careful consideration I couldn't afford to lose an all-in-one config.

So I have upgraded my config with Synth and Drum on the same channel on the LPD8.
This will trigger notes in both the synthesizer and the sampler. But to exclude one or the other you just need to have an empty sample or Level 0 on the volume of either the sampler or the synthesizer.
I mean:
Level 0 on the selected Synth while I play Drums with notes.
Level 0 (or empty sample) on the selected Sample while I play the Synth.

Supposing you want to have the pure thing! ...but mixing the notes on both the drums and synth can be great fun as well.

For the CCs of both, they will edit both the synth and the sampler, so they may change stuff on the selected sample when I am playing the synth, and viceversa... but to have an empty sample and an additional spare synth on level 0 should suffice to avoid any confusion.
Also one can hear the 2 playing unison, and correct.

So now I have notes and CCs for both synth and drum in this small box! I am quite proud.
lonbluster

Postby lonbluster » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:42 am

lonbluster wrote:I was talking about the defaul midi PC config, that is, pattern sets selection 0-63. They don't get selected, n.1 stay on all the time.

Still true for bluetooth connection, works fine on usb.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:49 am

lonbluster wrote:
lonbluster wrote:I was talking about the defaul midi PC config, that is, pattern sets selection 0-63. They don't get selected, n.1 stay on all the time.

Still true for bluetooth connection, works fine on usb.

This has nothing to do with Bluetooth LE or USB.
If it works with USB, but not with Bluetooth LE, then the LPD8 is probably not paired correctly.

As already mentioned before:

By default, Program Changes are not received or sent.
Receiving Program Changes must be enabled via ...

G-Stomper Producer:
Toolbar on top / Setup / MIDI / Program Changes = Receive

All other G-Stomper apps:
Main Screen / Setup / MIDI / Program Changes = Receive

Unless you enable Program Changes to be received in the MIDI settings, these events simply be ignored.

And note that in G-Stomper Producer... sending Program Changes towards the app on the mapped Global MIDI channel changes the Scene, while sending the same events to some Drum Track Channel changes the Track Pattern Set.

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”