One-to-one MIDI track to channel mappings (MIDI OUT)

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
LilFonky

One-to-one MIDI track to channel mappings (MIDI OUT)

Postby LilFonky » Wed May 25, 2016 1:58 am

I'm trying to set up g-stomper to trigger an external multitimbral MIDI tone module. I am only able to get G-stomper to send MIDI OUT via channel 1. I've been reading the MIDI documentation and its not clear how I set g-stomper up to send i.e., track 1 to MIDI channel 1, track 2 to MIDI channel 2, and so on. Is this done in the default setting or in the global setting? In other words, how do I simply set the MIDI output channel on a per-track basis?
planet-h

Re: One-to-one MIDI track to channel mappings (MIDI OUT)

Postby planet-h » Wed May 25, 2016 9:24 am

LilFonky wrote:I'm trying to set up g-stomper to trigger an external multitimbral MIDI tone module. I am only able to get G-stomper to send MIDI OUT via channel 1. I've been reading the MIDI documentation and its not clear how I set g-stomper up to send i.e., track 1 to MIDI channel 1, track 2 to MIDI channel 2, and so on. Is this done in the default setting or in the global setting? In other words, how do I simply set the MIDI output channel on a per-track basis?

The Channels are all mapped directly on the Tracks (with exception of the global channel).
The Virtual Interfaces (in most cases this is always = 1, but there are some MIDI interfaces with more than one) can be set in the default AND can be overridden per Track. As you see in the Track MIDI Channel setup, you can choose the selected default out interface or choose an individual one.
But as already mentioned, in 90% of all cases, you can set the in and out interface by default to "1".

If you want to map Drum Sampler Tracks:
SETUP / MIDI / Sampler Channels, Interfaces / <setup the channels per track>

If you want to map VA-Beast Synthesizer Tracks:
SETUP / MIDI / VA-Beast Synthesizer Channels, Interfaces / <setup the channels per track>

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”