Install an already owned paid G-Stomper app on a new device

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
qpluskequals

Re: Install an already owned paid G-Stomper app on a new device

Postby qpluskequals » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:22 pm

in bluestacks on pc i downloaded ES File Explorer from playstore, and am now successfully able to transfer files in ES from sdcard/gstomper to sdcard/windows - which then appear in windows 10 C:\ProgramData\BlueStacks\Engine\UserData\SharedFolder

i tried to set up file transfer between phone and laptop, havent yet succeeded, will keep trying (im getting the feeling that perhaps my phone needs to be rooted, mine isnt)
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:09 am

qpluskequals wrote:in bluestacks on pc i downloaded ES File Explorer from playstore, and am now successfully able to transfer files in ES from sdcard/gstomper to sdcard/windows - which then appear in windows 10 C:\ProgramData\BlueStacks\Engine\UserData\SharedFolder

i tried to set up file transfer between phone and laptop, havent yet succeeded, will keep trying (im getting the feeling that perhaps my phone needs to be rooted, mine isnt)

Hold on, I thought you want to transfer data from the bluestacks instance to your pc...
For completion, this is explained here:
https://support.bluestacks.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003116503-How-can-I-copy-data-From-BlueStacks-3-to-my-PC-
https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/105503/how-to-transfer-files-between-bluestacks-and-windows-pc/176077

If you want to transer data between two Android devices (even if one of them is a bluestacks instance on your pc), then the easiest way is to use a drop box or some other cloud storage.
I use a dropbox in combination with ES File Explorer on both devices.
ES File Explorer can hook up your dropbox on both devices.
Once you did that, you just have to copy the data from one device to the dropbox, and then get it from the dropbox on the other devices.
But as said, this will also work with google drive or any other cloud storage.

Hope that helps
qpluskequals

Postby qpluskequals » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:03 pm

guess i was unclear - i was trying to describe how i successfully transferred data from bluestacks instance to my pc

for phone to pc data transfer im doing basically the same as you - but via google drive + my droid default file app

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”