Adding a Vocal Track

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
Automatischa

Adding a Vocal Track

Postby Automatischa » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:18 pm

Hi there,

is it possible to add a complete vocal track, for exsample my tracks are 3:10 minutes long, how could i add a vocal track which is 3:10 also (I'm doing Hard-Hop)

?
planet-h

Re: Adding a Vocal Track

Postby planet-h » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:39 pm

Automatischa wrote:Hi there,

is it possible to add a complete vocal track, for exsample my tracks are 3:10 minutes long, how could i add a vocal track which is 3:10 also (I'm doing Hard-Hop)

?

Hope you forgive me, but I had to move the topic over to "General questions".

There's no special slot for a vocal track (at least not yet, I have that on the task list).
But you can achieve this in the Pattern Set song mode with a little trick.

1. On the GSS main screen, press setup and select the SMP tab
2. Enable the "Allow long playing samples to overlap pattern changes" checkbox
3. Now, when creating a song, in the first pattern of the song load the vocal sample and trigger it once (only once at step 1)
4. In your song arrangement, just start with that pattern, then switch over to others... the sample from the first pattern (the vocal) will continue until it's end.

Just be warned, very long vocal samples might take a large amount of memory.
But I have a few users who are using it that way with good results.

The other way is to split your vocal track in chunks, so that these fit into a pattern.
EIPStudiosOhio

Postby EIPStudiosOhio » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:23 pm

Well, technically yes you can. I loaded up a complete 8 channel multi-track project, and GSS ran it just fine.
BUT, the downside.....
GSS isn't designed for this (yet -- heheheh) but there is no "snap to" function for long audio playback, so you will be regulated to running a pass from start to end, every time.
But don't let this discourage you from loading up a vocal; because you can use GSS's FX chain to apply the proper DSP for your voice, dynamics, comp, freq band correction etc..... if this takes up too many FX slots that you want available for other things, then simply export your solo'd vocal track with FX, and bring it back in ready to go, and have ALL FX slots available for everything else.

Hope this helps. I will have videos running on this subject soon.
Automatischa

Postby Automatischa » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:54 am

Hi there,

to be honest, i already knew the answer, i was just curious if there is something i didn't check for, yet. Thanks for your advices, though :-)

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”