Disable automation?

Suggest and discuss new features here.
lonbluster

Disable automation?

Postby lonbluster » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:46 pm

It is so easy to record something you don't want to in Gstomper, if you forgot the Record button on, you need clear automation every time. (master most often)
Is possible to disable automation altogether? Or assign a CC to clear all or specific automations?

On my new volume-wah pedal for instance i need to remember to put it in rest (horizontal) everytime I want to record, or else the CC assigned to the pedal will get automated, in my case will always use the same volume with minor fluctuations.

Also a recording shouldn't last more than a few seconds, if it could disable automatically after x seconds such situations could be avoided.
planet-h

Re: Disable automation?

Postby planet-h » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:36 pm

lonbluster wrote:It is so easy to record something you don't want to in Gstomper, if you forgot the Record button on, you need clear automation every time. (master most often)
Is possible to disable automation altogether? Or assign a CC to clear all or specific automations?

No, automations cannot be disabled. You can of course turn off MIDI IN or delete particular MIDI CC mappings, but then you won't be able to use these CC at all.

lonbluster wrote:On my new volume-wah pedal for instance i need to remember to put it in rest (horizontal) everytime I want to record, or else the CC assigned to the pedal will get automated, in my case will always use the same volume with minor fluctuations.

Yes, that's the well known problem of parameter jumping, known from most hardware and loads of software instruments.

lonbluster wrote:IAlso a recording shouldn't last more than a few seconds, if it could disable automatically after x seconds such situations could be avoided.

All G-Stomper apps are pattern sequencers, which means the automations are stored in patterns, which are of limited length.

Return to “Feature Requests”