Request for stretching samples

Suggest and discuss new features here.
Wolf520

Request for stretching samples

Postby Wolf520 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:15 pm

Probably the only thing about this app that needs to be added to make it on par with FL studio and ableton is for the samples to be stretched, for example if you load a sample in pcm and depending on the key you press it'll be either sped up or slowed down.

Stretching samples makes the speed of the note played the same no matter the note played
planet-h

Re: Request for stretching samples

Postby planet-h » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:47 am

Hi Wolf520

Wolf520 wrote:Probably the only thing about this app that needs to be added to make it on par with FL studio and ableton is for the samples to be stretched, for example if you load a sample in pcm and depending on the key you press it'll be either sped up or slowed down.

Stretching samples makes the speed of the note played the same no matter the note played

I guess you're talking about elastic audio. That's not planned, sorry.

You can of course stretch samples in our apps either using the integrated Audio Editor or in real-time on the main drum machine page using the speed slider.

Doing it in VA-Beast Synth in PCM mode wouldn't give you results in an adequate quality, at least not in real time.
To get highest possible quality out of PCM based synth patches, I recommend to use more than just one sample.
Typically, for a good sounding Grand Piano, I'd use at least 1 sample per 3 semitones + and for each of those 3 variations across the velocity range.

Return to “Feature Requests”