[NEW APP] G-Stomper Producer Early Access

Everything about Beta builds (discussions, reviews, ...)
planet-h

[NEW APP] G-Stomper Producer Early Access

Postby planet-h » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:20 pm

As of today, G-Stomper Producer is available for early access.

Where to download the Pre-Release?

G-Stomper Producer DEMO (free)
G-Stomper Producer (full version)

Demo restrictions: 12 Sampler Tracks, 5 Synthesizer Tracks, Limited Load/Save and Export functionality

All further details in the official BETA Info.
Littlewoodg

Re: [NEW APP] G-Stomper Producer Early Access

Postby Littlewoodg » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:09 pm

Producer rocks hard.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:59 pm

Littlewoodg wrote:Producer rocks hard.

Thank you, Littlewoodg :)
sugo

Postby sugo » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:59 pm

Hi,
First i have to say: Great apps! I own a lot of Music production apps, but yours makes me the most of fun to use. But there are 4 things i have to say.
1) I miss a easy way to manage Patterns. Maybe i am blind, but in producer it seems not to be a pattern set page??! Is the only way to manage patterns everytime to go in the mixer-view? Generally i miss a view-choose-button, like in studio.
2) FXsends. It would be nice to have send-volumes and a split signal to send and directly to master. (esspacially for sidechaining this would be great)
3) And better routing options with parallel signal to insfx and/or to sendfx.
4) Really nice would be a grid on the arrangerview and possibillties to snap or not to snap patterns to grid, like in other Mobile-DAW`s

Thank you very much for this great apps and best wishes

sugo
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:58 pm

Welcome to the forum, sugo
sugo wrote:First i have to say: Great apps! I own a lot of Music production apps, but yours makes me the most of fun to use.

Thank you for the kind words:)

sugo wrote:1) I miss a easy way to manage Patterns. Maybe i am blind, but in producer it seems not to be a pattern set page??! Is the only way to manage patterns everytime to go in the mixer-view? Generally i miss a view-choose-button, like in studio.

The producer has a pattern set per track. On top of each mixer channel, you can switch to the pattern set of the particular track by pressing the PTRN button. Or long press the PTRN button to switch all tracks to pattern set operation. If you want to select a new scene (similar to a pattern in G-Stomper Studio), scroll to the last mixer page (where the master section is) and then use the scene set.
I strongly recommend to read the beta info at https://www.planet-h.com/g-stomper-producer/beta-info/. It's no more than a 10 minute read, and it gives you basic information about what G-Stomper Producer is and what is different from the known G-Stomper Studio. It also explains how to use the pattern set + the scene set in GSP.

sugo wrote:2) FXsends. It would be nice to have send-volumes and a split signal to send and directly to master. (esspacially for sidechaining this would be great)

For side chaning, you can simply adjust the mixer level to set the side chain volume. It's unusual to actually hear a side chain signal.
Generally, the FX sends in G-Stomper are actually group inserts for simplicity. The reason is simple... you have a huge amount of fx types. Some are typical send/return fx (like the Delay, Reverb, etc.). Most of that kind have a dry/wet slider. Then there are a lot of typical insert fx (like filters, distortion, transient shaper, gate, etc.). To get all those under one hood and to keep the performance under control, the FX have been technically implemented as group inserts, but have been named as send fx for easier understanding (many people do not know what group inserts are).

sugo wrote:3) And better routing options with parallel signal to insfx and/or to sendfx.

For performance reasons, no, that's not possible, as it would eat too much cpu.

sugo wrote:4) Really nice would be a grid on the arrangerview and possibillties to snap or not to snap patterns to grid, like in other Mobile-DAW`s

Both already exist ;)
At the left side of the song arranger, in the side bar, there is a button named "snap-in" + a second line. You can either snap in to beat or to quantum.
To enable the grid lines, long press that snap-in button, or for extended grid configuration, press that small green display at the lower right corner. Everything else is explained in the showed popup.

Return to “Beta Zone”