G-Stomper VA-Beast Synthesizer BETA

Everything about Beta builds (discussions, reviews, ...)
karllost

Re: G-Stomper VA-Beast Synthesizer BETA1

Postby karllost » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:30 pm

Fantastic, 2014 is looking to be a good year :)
Cire86

Postby Cire86 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:35 am

I think for now a very usefull Feature would be a hold function because multitouch is sometimes q little bit tricky to hold a key and then try to modulate something. Think about it
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:25 am

Cire86 wrote:I think for now a very usefull Feature would be a hold function because multitouch is sometimes q little bit tricky to hold a key and then try to modulate something. Think about it

Good point. I could map it to the long press of the panic button, how would that be?
Cire86

Postby Cire86 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:05 am

This would make things a lot easyer thank you. Btw i havent figured out yet what the panic Button exactly do
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:11 am

Cire86 wrote:This would make things a lot easyer thank you. Btw i havent figured out yet what the panic Button exactly do

It's like on hardware synths.. In some (rare) situations the the note off/gate close commands don't work, in other words, the notes get hold by accident. Usually this will bring most musicians in panic;), that's the reason for the name.

The panic button just stops all current playing notes of the synth, independent if any keys are pressed or not.
So I guess it's a good place to attach the kb hold
Cire86

Postby Cire86 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:16 am

Ah that thing with the holding sound i has three times toll now and i realy didnt knowwhat to do now is all clear thanks. Yes i think thats the right place.so no other problems so far
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:22 am

Cire86 wrote:Ah that thing with the holding sound i has three times toll now and i realy didnt knowwhat to do now is all clear thanks. Yes i think thats the right place.so no other problems so far

Yes, that can happen. Either when the gui is just not reacting (android stuff) or if you change the octave while holding some keys. To stop it just hit the panic button;)
Dauex

Postby Dauex » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:51 pm

I am NOT a Beta tester. Still learning how to use my Fire HDX. And have had little time to get up to speed on G-Stomper.

BUT I have done Alpha and Beta testing in the past. Some of the things that you WILL run into:

Your limited knowledge of your system [Doing Beta testing is a good way of finding out what you thought you knew but don't],

Limitations in your device [push the edges and they will push back],

Limitations and bugs in the operating system [again when you push the edges and the edges will push back]

But a big THANK YOU. Beta testers are pushing the edges and insuring that we, the 'run of the mill' users, have a smooth ride. So thanks for giving it a try.
planet-h

Re: G-Stomper VA-Beast Synthesizer BETA

Postby planet-h » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:35 pm

Hi there
First of all, thanks a lot for all your feedback.

I've just sent out the second build of the G-Stomper VA-Beast BETA with all reported bugs fixed:

Latest changes:

• Midi Channel Selection in the settings section
  • Fixed a rare crashbug right after the installation (special thanks to Myrothas for the report)
  • Added a KB hold function to the long click of the ‘Panic’ button, long click to turn ON, normal or long click to turn OFF afterwards (special thanks to Cire86 for the hint)
  • Changed the UI font to bold italic.

If you have any further issues, just let me know
Andreas
Cire86

Re: G-Stomper VA-Beast Synthesizer BETA

Postby Cire86 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:07 pm

Well done everything works fine. One thing i forgot to tell, in the effects section it looks like it is to big it is unsharp on my a501nothing to worry just that you know it. Tryed to add a Screenshot but a message said "this image is invalid"

Return to “Beta Zone”