Forum search: Too many words ignored because classified as "commont words"

Here is the space for discussions about anything beside G-Stomper.
Please remain always respectful to other users.
mark_orion

Forum search: Too many words ignored because classified as "commont words"

Postby mark_orion » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:28 pm

The search feature in these forums is driving me crazy: Too many of the search words I am trying to use are getting ignored because they are classified as too common words. I want for example to look for information related to Bluetooth LE MIDI support in G-Stomper. Hopeless! Both "Bluetooth" and "MIDI" are constantly getting ignored as "too common words". I tried in quote with + etc. - does not work. So please - if possible - tune down this "common words" filter in this forum system to allow searching for very meaningful words again.
planet-h

Re: Forum search: Too many words ignored because classified as "commont words"

Postby planet-h » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:24 pm

Please be more specific with your search terms, e.g. "Bluetooth le midi integration" or similar. That will solve it.
mark_orion

Postby mark_orion » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:29 pm

planet-h wrote:Please be more specific with your search terms, e.g. "Bluetooth le midi integration" or similar. That will solve it.

Thanks for your quick help. This worked indeed. I was thinking I was specific enough when my search query "Bluetooth le midi support" got flagged as too common.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:02 pm

I'll see if this can be opened a bit. I don't know yet. It's part of the forum software.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:17 am

mark_orion wrote:The search feature in these forums is driving me crazy: Too many of the search words I am trying to use are getting ignored because they are classified as too common words. I want for example to look for information related to Bluetooth LE MIDI support in G-Stomper. Hopeless! Both "Bluetooth" and "MIDI" are constantly getting ignored as "too common words". I tried in quote with + etc. - does not work. So please - if possible - tune down this "common words" filter in this forum system to allow searching for very meaningful words again.

Hi mark_orion
Sorry for the long wait. I've just rebuilt the search index with a much higher threshold for words flagged as "too common".
You can now search for "bluetooth", "bluetooth midi", whatever you're up to.
ReadingSteiner_11

Postby ReadingSteiner_11 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:26 pm

Thanks for the update! I had tried using the search function when I joined the forum, but quickly gave up on it because of that very reason. I didn't insist much as I thought it was just an unsolvable phpbb issue one has to deal with, but if it's solved, then, that's great.

Return to “Off-Topic”