Benefits of making music

Here is the space for discussions about anything beside G-Stomper.
Please remain always respectful to other users.
SkinTex

Benefits of making music

Postby SkinTex » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:43 pm

As far back as I can remember I've always been fascinated by the act of music making. It started back in the 80s, while checking out a demo of "Bronsky beat" on an Mitsubishi MSX. Due to a weird quirk I won't ever be able to play the guitar or play the piano. But making it on a computer.... Well.... That was my way to compensate and a world opened up through something lousier than a 90s PC speaker.

I never truly understood that drive. While the other kids were outside climbing trees, playing games, watching TV and whatnot, I was up in my attic reveling in my symphonic delights. It felt it gave me more than other activities would. Dopamine, perhaps.

In hindsight I'm starting to realize I had a point. Today, I came across an article which illuminates this thought and I would like to share it with the musical creators on this forum. Perhaps this may answer a question you had about making music as well. Apparently it's more than a way to express or emote.

Link

Disclaimer: I don't know the site itself, but considering every point has a source it seems to be trustworthy.
planet-h

Re: Benefits of making music

Postby planet-h » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:24 am

Thank you for sharing, SkinTex. Intersting article, indeed. Was a good read;)
ReadingSteiner_11

Re: Benefits of making music

Postby ReadingSteiner_11 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:06 pm

That was a fascinating read! Although it makes me feel bad, because I've got a dirty secret... I'm completely unable to create music :( of course, I'm not just hanging around this forum because I felt like it, I do play and record music, but these are all covers, and I've never composed anything by myself. Instead, I get my creativity "fix" by writing, but that's a whole different topic...

Return to “Off-Topic”