Danuta

Share your G-Stomper beats and tracks
SkinTex

Danuta

Postby SkinTex » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:49 pm

After my last post got it's GSSE removed, I didn't really find the motivation to go on making a series as sharing the source was pretty much the point of the series. Don't get me wrong; I completely understand and agree why we can't share sources here. As such, I've started on crafting (or better: revamping) my own banks in order to share sources. But that's going to take lots of time, think in months.

Meanwhile, looking at this forum section, I've noticed the average amount of songs has drastically gone down to 1 per year. Yes, it is a side-section on a support forum, but 1 per year? I'd say, as a user, we can do better showing what this marvelous piece of software can do.

Hence I decided to post one of my recent funny songs. As always with my stuff, it comes with a little story.

Recently, the - only slightly- bearable TV station has been running a commercial for their American Dad show very frequently and it highlights a scene where Klaus the fish makes a terribly awkward call to a girl called Danuta. (Link here: https://youtu.be/bPqwy6gv0KQ ) I thought it was funny, but no more than that and I didn't give it another thought. Until last week.

While having my girlfriend over, we were chilling in a comfortable silence for a while when I suddenly looked up and tried my creepiest Klaus voice, saying: "Danuta?"

She looked up puzzled. Might have misheard me. So I go on: "Do you eat?"

I suppose that's the point where she was figuring out if I was suffering a heatstroke or something. But by then I couldn't stop anymore and had to clear it up with the magical line: "I've got the money".

"You a--hole" she said while we were laughing together. It became a running joke for a few days until I decided to take it up a notch. You can't quote American Dad scenes without going all the way, right? So one morning before she got up, I loaded up G-Stomper and made a quick techno track with Klaus vocals. Wasn't much, a loop of 10 seconds. But it made her (and me) laugh for a long time.

Having succeeded in that, the next morning I loaded it up again. Added a bit. Mix here, fade in there and POOF.... Before I knew it I lost hours into it. But the result was there, and that's what I present to the world:

Tbc - Danuta

link

It's not meant to become a full production hence it lacks a proper intro, mastering, etc. Just hope it makes others laugh as much as it did here.
planet-h

Re: Danuta

Postby planet-h » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:50 am

Thanks for your message, SkinTex

SkinTex wrote:After my last post got it's GSSE removed, I didn't really find the motivation to go on making a series as sharing the source was pretty much the point of the series. Don't get me wrong; I completely understand and agree why we can't share sources here. As such, I've started on crafting (or better: revamping) my own banks in order to share sources. But that's going to take lots of time, think in months.

Thanks for your understanding. I'm actually sorry for this, but the past has shown that copyright is taken very seriously these days. Just look at the play store... you'll see good apps vanishing every week because of copyright issues. And these copyright issues must not even be in the play store itself. It can be in the landing page, the app, the support forum, social media, or where ever. And at the end, I fully respect that, as I'm also happy when others respect my copyright.

SkinTex wrote:Meanwhile, looking at this forum section, I've noticed the average amount of songs has drastically gone down to 1 per year. Yes, it is a side-section on a support forum, but 1 per year? I'd say, as a user, we can do better showing what this marvelous piece of software can do.

I totally agree:), and I'd love to see more songs here.
I think, the reason why so few of the many created songs make it into the forum is quite obvious.
Most users generally register to the support forum in one situation, then when they require support.
This "Music Showcase" was created a few years back, and re-activated at the time when SoundCloud decided to remove SoundCloud Groups from their network. IMHO, this was one of the biggest loss in the history of SoundCloud.

However, as said, most users come here to get support.
And also, most users prefer social media platforms to share their work because of the higher visibility.
Pretty popular are SoundCloud, Instagram, and YouTube. Especially on SoundCloud, there are daily uploads. But in the SC mobile app, these new songs are almost impossible to find, as there is no sort by date of the search results in the app (that is only possible in the desktop version of the website). But also on Instagram, you'll find a lot of cool video clips.

SkinTex wrote:Hence I decided to post one of my recent funny songs. As always with my stuff, it comes with a little story.

And that is much appreciated:). Thanks a lot for bringing new life into this sub forum.
I really enjoyed the track. Good work, even if unfinished.
drewinnit

Postby drewinnit » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:29 pm

Hi Skintex, I agree - we should get more examples of what this great app can achieve here in the Music Showcase section

really enjoyed both the songs you shared - very clean and clear bottom end, punchy and tight. Great melodies and vocal snippets in this Danuta track, it's arranged well too.

I'll also try to share a few songs/jams I'm working on
https://soundcloud.com/fevered-shiva
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:55 am

drewinnit wrote:I'll also try to share a few songs/jams I'm working on

Yay, I'm Looking forward to take a listen ;)

Return to “Music Showcase”