Controller issue

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
Lukimus4000

Controller issue

Postby Lukimus4000 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:46 pm

Hello, I usually just use g stomper to mess around with beats but I recently bought a korg microkontrol. I love the app and the controller offers a lot of ways to control it but I'm having trouble mapping it. The first time I plugged it in, the keyboard worked fine and I was able to use it to control VA beast perfectly. I attempted to change the midi setting to allow for customization of the drum pads, encoders and slider and now the keyboard has stopped working. I can see the icon that displays when the controller is inputting a signal but no sounds are produced. I have done loads of research on using the midi channels and assigning control changes, as well as assigning controls for the VA beast and drum pad but nothing seems to work. I feel like there's one little setting somewhere that I messed up and any help would be very much appreciated. I should mention that I'm using a midi to USB setup plugged into an Samsung s8. Thanks!
planet-h

Re: Controller issue

Postby planet-h » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:32 pm

Welcome to the forum, Lukimus4000
and thanks for your message.

Lukimus4000 wrote:Hello, I usually just use g stomper to mess around with beats but I recently bought a korg microkontrol. I love the app and the controller offers a lot of ways to control it but I'm having trouble mapping it. The first time I plugged it in, the keyboard worked fine and I was able to use it to control VA beast perfectly. I attempted to change the midi setting to allow for customization of the drum pads, encoders and slider and now the keyboard has stopped working. I can see the icon that displays when the controller is inputting a signal but no sounds are produced. I have done loads of research on using the midi channels and assigning control changes, as well as assigning controls for the VA beast and drum pad but nothing seems to work. I feel like there's one little setting somewhere that I messed up and any help would be very much appreciated. I should mention that I'm using a midi to USB setup plugged into an Samsung s8. Thanks!

Just go to:
Main Screen / Setup / MIDI / VA-Beast Synthesizer Channels, Ports / Selected Track VT[..] / press Learn / then press a key on your controller / finally press OK

If you're using G-Stomper Producer, then before the "selected Track [..]" can receive any MIDI Notes, you must first "select" a Synth track. To do that, just show up a mixer channel strip of a synth, and then press the SYN button at the bottom of the channel strip.

Furthermore, ensure that you have not mapped the same MIDI channel to anything else, e.g. to the Global Channel, Ports or other modules.

Finally, ensure that the midi transmission of Notes is activated in the settings:
Main Screen / Setup / MIDI / MIDI Transmission Section / Note Messages = "Send & Receive" or "Receive"
Lukimus4000

Re: Controller issue

Postby Lukimus4000 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:42 pm

Hey, thanks for quick response! I had already reset my cache and data by the time I went to try these steps. I was able to learn my keyboard but then found it didn't seem to be sending any input at all when I went to play it. I am starting to think it may just be a compatibility issue with my controller and my phone but if you have any other suggestion I will definitely try them out. I will follow up once I've plugged the controller into a computer and tried it like that. I'm so excited to get this working and take advantage of all the in depth features that this app offers. Thanks again!

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”