New Track....Got Beasted - A G-Stomper Mixdown Session

Share your G-Stomper beats and tracks
J-Fon

New Track....Got Beasted - A G-Stomper Mixdown Session

Postby J-Fon » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:07 pm

Below is the somewhat finished track called "Got Beasted - A G-Stomper Mixdown Session"

https://soundcloud.com/jersonfon/got-be ... wn-session

It's called Got Beasted because I struggled with low memory from start to finish trying to make this track, the app beasted my tablet which in turn beasted me :)

------------------------------------------------

here's a little house track I made, there is no beginning or end just a middle as my tablet is struggling to keep up with this track, it uses between 7-9 sample and 2 VT's, delay, phaser and step edits on the beast synth, every sample is using LP/HP/MH filters, I think only one sample doesn't have a filter, track length is 1m45s and it kicks in about the 30s mark. enjoy and feel free to comment keeping in mind I have reached a low memory threshold so it is hard to add extras,

How I make tracks is to use layers upon layers so it sounds busy, then I take away and alter notes from other layers, it is rough but i think i've hit a hardware wall with this one.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B58mkR ... sp=sharing
Last edited by J-Fon on Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
planet-h

Re: New Track.... It killed my tablet

Postby planet-h » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:55 am

Hey J-Fon
Very nice work. Great good old house style, I love it;)
With LP/HP/MH Filters, do you mean the EQ's or just the track filters?
Generally, using EQ's using a lot of cpu, as more bands as more cpu used.
Andreas
J-Fon

Postby J-Fon » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:12 pm

Hi Andreas

It's just the track filters from the main screen, my problem is with the tablet itself as it has plenty of LG bloatware which consumes memory, the tablet has 2GB of RAM but under normal use It has around 500MB free I have to use a memory booster to get it over 900MB free.

I think it might be an LG thing as I also have a LG G2 phone and things are worse on the phone even though the cpu is @2.2Ghz

It's no big problem as I can load and work on single patterns which seems to ease things.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:42 am

J-Fon wrote:It's just the track filters from the main screen, my problem is with the tablet itself as it has plenty of LG bloatware which consumes memory, the tablet has 2GB of RAM but under normal use It has around 500MB free I have to use a memory booster to get it over 900MB free.

I think it might be an LG thing as I also have a LG G2 phone and things are worse on the phone even though the cpu is @2.2Ghz

It's no big problem as I can load and work on single patterns which seems to ease things.

Hi J-Fon
Actually, it is more dependent on your device' memory class. Android is limiting the available memory per app, independent how much other apps are running. How much memory you get per app depends on the hardware. You can check the available memory per app in the G-Stomper Settings dialog, just scroll to the very bottom and check the System Info / Memory Class:

It would be great if you could send me a mail out of the app (by clicking help and then contact).. this includes the sysinfo into the mail subject. Would be very interesting to see the specs.

Andreas
J-Fon

Postby J-Fon » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:00 am

planeth wrote:
Hi J-Fon
Actually, it is more dependent on your device' memory class. Android is limiting the available memory per app, independent how much other apps are running. How much memory you get per app depends on the hardware. You can check the available memory per app in the G-Stomper Settings dialog, just scroll to the very bottom and check the System Info / Memory Class:

It would be great if you could send me a mail out of the app (by clicking help and then contact).. this includes the sysinfo into the mail subject. Would be very interesting to see the specs.

Andreas

Two E-mail sent and thank you, I have also read a explanation on stackoverflow.com and understand more about what is happening, I think you are on vacation? Don't bother with this....until at least Wednesday :D

I am joking.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:12 am

Thank you J-Fon for sending the details.

The Memory Class = 256mb means, G-Stomper Studio gets a maximum of 256mb from the operating system (independent how much your device has in total).
On the main screen you see that small blue bar below the "Fader FineTune" button. This shows the current used memory in relation to the max available memory for G-Stomper Studio (in your case 256mb). If that bar is on max level and you try to load more samples into memory, then you run into this exception.

How big is the project you're working with?
Is it just one pattern?
Or do you use a pattern set with many different patterns and many different samples loaded?

PS.: I've interrupted my vacation for a week since we have some heavy rain at the moment, so there's time to sort things out this week ;)
J-Fon

Re: New Track....Got Beasted - A G-Stomper Mixdown Session

Postby J-Fon » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:52 pm

track is finished, midway through the track doesn't blend from one pattern to another as much as i would like, so I quit while I was ahead.

soundcloud link in first post
planet-h

Re: New Track....Got Beasted - A G-Stomper Mixdown Session

Postby planet-h » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:46 am

J-Fon wrote:track is finished, midway through the track doesn't blend from one pattern to another as much as i would like, so I quit while I was ahead.

soundcloud link in first post

Excellent work J-Fun. I've just checked it out.
Very groovy house track

Return to “Music Showcase”