I'm still alive, just lazy lol

Share your G-Stomper beats and tracks
J-Fon

I'm still alive, just lazy lol

Postby J-Fon » Thu May 29, 2014 8:40 pm

The last full music I made used 24 tracks so I decided to scale everything back, I don't know how to describe the music here but it is mellow/electro house....

It currently uses between 7-10 tracks which includes 1 beast sytnh (high pitch) this will not change much, only samples and instruments will be added and a slight rearrangement of patterns.

Any suggestions or criticism are welcome.

http://www.4shared.com/music/4ryDd0S4ba ... _more.html

File is the original 19Mb .wav as I have changed my tablet and did not have the mp3 tools at the time.
planet-h

Re: I'm still alive, just lazy lol

Postby planet-h » Sat May 31, 2014 7:51 am

Really nice and groovy track J-Fon. It's great to see that the roll feature (which was introduced in v3.0) is used in many new G-Stomper tracks. Looks like this was definitely a missing piece ;). Also the use of the glide for the high pitched synth is very nice.
One thing that would maybe improve the track could be some deep bass line, either a deep sine bass or maybe a deep filtered moog bass preset. It's just a guess, and I like it as is, just think this could give a nice body to it;)
J-Fon

Postby J-Fon » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:46 pm

planeth wrote:One thing that would maybe improve the track could be some deep bass line, either a deep sine bass or maybe a deep filtered moog bass preset. It's just a guess, and I like it as is, just think this could give a nice body to it;)

This bass is something of a problem I have had for a while, listen to my last 3-4 tracks and you will notice this is missing lol

I just don't have a bass library but I could add an older sine bass the track, thanks.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:43 am

J-Fon wrote:This bass is something of a problem I have had for a while, listen to my last 3-4 tracks and you will notice this is missing lol

I know what you mean, and I know the same problem from myself;) When I first create all the leads and want to add some bass line at the end, I find it quite difficult to fit a bass sound into the mix without ruining it.

J-Fon wrote:I just don't have a bass library but I could add an older sine bass the track, thanks.

You can also use one of the VA-Beast factory presets;). I guess one of the moog bass presets would fit very nice. Just reduce the filter envelope amount a bit + the filter cutoff (on the VA-Beast main view), so that the sound gets a bit less harmonics. Those moog presets are pretty deep.
Musical Android

Postby Musical Android » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:04 am

YOu crazy people!
Bass first, everything else is just secondary options!
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:55 am

Musical Android wrote:YOu crazy people!

hehe, yeah, but this is not the whole truth;)
Actually, in my case, it totally depends on the track. Sometimes I begin with a bassline, and then throw out of the finished track at the end, and sometimes it's the opposite way. The ugly truth is, that you can never know at the beginning where it finally goes, and even if you think you do, it can proof you wrong at the end;)
J-Fon

Postby J-Fon » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:45 am

Musical Android wrote:YOu crazy people!

Yes I agree, but most of the stuff i do starts as something else compared to what it ends up as, but i do hear you.

With this track i want gradually change the high pitched synth into a nice low frequency sine wave for the bass line whilst bringing in another mix of the track, i just want to mess around with the beast synth.

Already i have changed the beat to go with the Nord samples when it is used with vibrato and it is sounding completely different already.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:18 am

J-Fon wrote:Already i have changed the beat to go with the Nord samples when it is used with vibrato and it is sounding completely different already.

Can't await to hear the changed version, I always love listening to your tracks

Return to “Music Showcase”