W.I.P

Share your G-Stomper beats and tracks
planet-h

Re: W.I.P

Postby planet-h » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:09 am

J-Fon wrote:I added more effects as this is not a track as such but an compilation of patterns, then at some point I might chop and change to make things more cohesive.

http://www.4shared.com/mp3/_dBLQO0n/the ... extd0.html

EFX most used is vibrato and the very last pattern is vibrato side loaded with phaser.

Awesome beat J-Fon, really like this one, good tempo and excellent efx selection
J-Fon

Postby J-Fon » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:59 am

Thx, I increased the tempo from from around 165 to 172bpm makes a huge difference and I never actually side chained efx before and it is so easy to use with great results.

Hats off to you Sir.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:59 pm

J-Fon wrote:Thx, I increased the tempo from from around 165 to 172bpm makes a huge difference and I never actually side chained efx before and it is so easy to use with great results.

Hats off to you Sir.

Thank you very much J-Fon. It's great to hear that the side chain feature is working well, and even more great, that it's easy to use. I was a bit afraid of putting the long press on the efx send button. With version 3.0, the things will again be clearer. All the values (for long press features or the fader values) are new shown in a tooltip right beside the buttons and faders. So you see what you do, even if you touch 5 controls at once.
J-Fon

Postby J-Fon » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:39 pm

http://www.4shared.com/mp3/9KCmrgGM/TLD0.html

I finally have some time off to update the patterns, it isn't finished and needs somes alterations and efx value changes, it also needs plenty of smooth transitions between patterns especially when the track slows down and speeds up.

So I would like to open this track up and ask for help with a build up to the beat, some transitions, a slowing of the beat to go smoothly when the track slows etc etc.

In short, building up and slowing the beat and any idea that might be interesting, call it a g-stomper collaboration :D

I will put up the pattern set later today.

Tempo 178 BPM.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:21 pm

Hi Jason
As always, an excellent piece of music, great work!

J-Fon wrote:http://www.4shared.com/mp3/9KCmrgGM/TLD0.html
So I would like to open this track up and ask for help with a build up to the beat, some transitions, a slowing of the beat to go smoothly when the track slows etc etc.

Unfortunately there's no way yet to automate the tempo, hmm, guess I have to implemet that some day;)

To achieve a smoother tempo transition between the patterns, you one or mutliple transition patterns of lenght = 1. If you have already patterns with a lengh > 1, you can just copy the one you want to use for the transition to a new slot. Once done, use the 'copy individual pattern bars/positions' feature on the pattern set screen (long click on the pattern slot and choose 'copy individual pattern bars'). E.g. if you have a transition pattern of length = 4 you can split it into 4 patterns of length = 1. Once you created those 4 patterns, set the tempo something like transitionpattern1 = 160, transitionpattern2 = 150, transitionpattern3 = 140, transitionpattern4 = 130, and the next real pattern = 120.

If you still want it smother, you can create 8 transition patterns with length = 1 and laststep = 8, or even smother, 16 transition patterns with length = 1 and laststep = 4.

It's this what you're looking for?
Andreas
J-Fon

Postby J-Fon » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:42 pm

Actually the slow patterns are still 178 bpm, but 12 in length and 8th triple, I just need help/ideas/patterns/suggestions for transitions/fill ins.

I wish it were incremental bpm increases, it might have been easier, I do like your explanation for transitioning the speeds ans I will keep that in mind in future.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:07 pm

J-Fon wrote:Actually the slow patterns are still 178 bpm, but 12 in length and 8th triple, I just need help/ideas/patterns/suggestions for transitions/fill ins.

I wish it were incremental bpm increases, it might have been easier, I do like your explanation for transitioning the speeds ans I will keep that in mind in future.

Ah, OK, now I got it ;)
J-Fon

Postby J-Fon » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:10 pm

planeth wrote:
J-Fon wrote:Actually the slow patterns are still 178 bpm, but 12 in length and 8th triple, I just need help/ideas/patterns/suggestions for transitions/fill ins.

Ah, OK, now I got it ;)

I am glad you do because I don't :D know how to come back from 12 in length and 8th triple (because it sounded nice) to the standard pattern, so I am having to be even more adventurous using the patterns, guess I have to start using other aspects of G-Stomper at same point.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:16 pm

J-Fon wrote:
planeth wrote:

Ah, OK, now I got it ;)

I am glad you do because I don't :D know how to come back from 12 in length and 8th triple (because it sounded nice) to the standard pattern, so I am having to be even more adventurous using the patterns, guess I have to start using other aspects of G-Stomper at same point.

hehe, don't know how to solve your problem, just got that my answer wasn't on the point :|
J-Fon

Postby J-Fon » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:38 pm

planeth wrote:
hehe, don't know how to solve your problem, just got that my answer wasn't on the point :|

That was because I never explained it properly, either way is a minor headache for me because I have updated both of my devices to Android 4.4 (clean install) and currently looking at the good and bad compared to 4.3, bugs etc because...........I like geek stuff ;) my Nexus 7 2012 has seen a dramatic performance increase with G-Stomper and 4.4.

24 tracks playing and using efx, scrolling through sample menus can produce a crackling sound because of the heavy load, this has all but gone now.

Return to “Music Showcase”