Saving to external drive

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
RiversideBluesman

Saving to external drive

Postby RiversideBluesman » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:15 am

Hello there.

First post but I've been using GStomper for a while now and wanted to say thanks for producing such a great app. I do a lot of ambient stuff mainly as backing for my solo guitar work and it's just great. Flexible enough to allow the creativity, simple enough for someone like me (!), logical, clear and tidy. As someone who hates making music on computers, it feels very intuitive and it's transformed my level of creativity hugely and become a key part of how I work. Thank you.

I have a question about saving my GStomper files from my tablet onto a separate hard drive. I'm clicking and dragging the file marked 'GStomper', some files start to copy across, but then I get a message that says 'The requested value cannot be determined'. Then everything stops and nothing else is copied.

What am I doing wrong ?
planet-h

Re: Saving to external drive

Postby planet-h » Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:35 pm

Welcome to the forum, RiversideBluesman

RiversideBluesman wrote:First post but I've been using GStomper for a while now and wanted to say thanks for producing such a great app. I do a lot of ambient stuff mainly as backing for my solo guitar work and it's just great. Flexible enough to allow the creativity, simple enough for someone like me (!), logical, clear and tidy. As someone who hates making music on computers, it feels very intuitive and it's transformed my level of creativity hugely and become a key part of how I work. Thank you.

Thank you very much for the kind words. Really appreciate such a nice feedback.

RiversideBluesman wrote:I have a question about saving my GStomper files from my tablet onto a separate hard drive. I'm clicking and dragging the file marked 'GStomper', some files start to copy across, but then I get a message that says 'The requested value cannot be determined'. Then everything stops and nothing else is copied.

What am I doing wrong ?

What you mean with "saving my GStomper files from my tablet onto a separate hard drive", I mean how are you doing this?
Which equipment used? PC, just an USB drive, anything else?
What tools you use? File explorer? What sort of? Windows? Android App?
What are you doing to copy the files from where to where? Step by step ... I mean that part of it...
I'm clicking and dragging the file marked 'GStomper', some files start to copy across, but then I get a message that says 'The requested value cannot be determined'. Then everything stops and nothing else is copied.

Where do you get this message from? Windows? Android? An app? And if so, which app?
Sorry for asking all this stuff, but without further details I just cannot know what's going on or what you're trying to do (exactly).

Thanks in advance
RiversideBluesman

Postby RiversideBluesman » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:38 pm

Hello there.

Apologies for the delay in replying as I've been really ill. Not covid thankfully !

What you mean with "saving my GStomper files from my tablet onto a separate hard drive", I mean how are you doing this?

I've just connected my tablet (where my GStomper programmes are) via USB to my studio PC. I can see the tablet on my PC.

Which equipment used? PC, just an USB drive, anything else?

Tablet, USB cable, Windows 10 PC. That's it.

What tools you use? File explorer? What sort of? Windows? Android App?

Using file explorer in the PC

What are you doing to copy the files from where to where? Step by step ... I mean that part of it...

On the PC, selecting files in the tablet and then trying to click and drag them over into a file on the PC. Same as I would move any other files on my PC.

I'm clicking and dragging the file marked 'GStomper', some files start to copy across, but then I get a message that says 'The requested value cannot be determined'. Then everything stops and nothing else is copied.
Where do you get this message from? Windows? Android? An app? And if so, which app?
Sorry for asking all this stuff, but without further details I just cannot know what's going on or what you're trying to do (exactly).

The "requested value etc....." message pops up on my PC during the clicking and dragging process.

Am I missing something obvious, like I can't use click and drag and need to export things in some way ?

Cheers
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:25 pm

RiversideBluesman wrote:I'm clicking and dragging the file marked 'GStomper', some files start to copy across, but then I get a message that says 'The requested value cannot be determined'. Then everything stops and nothing else is copied.

The message is most likely from windows because of an unstable USB connection.
What you describe really sounds like a connectivity problem.
My recommendation is as followed:

1. Use another USB cable
2. Use another USB port on your PC
3. Use another USB OTG adapter (if any used at all).

However, there might also be other reasons.
What exact path are you trying to copy?
/sdcard/Android/data/com.planeth.gstomper/files/gstomper/... (and what exactly within that folder?)

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”