Stop Overlapping

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
W_a-o_nderer

Stop Overlapping

Postby W_a-o_nderer » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:45 am

Does anyone here know how I can prevent tracks from overlapping when played? More specifically, I'm working on a pattern/project and I've decided to change the pitches of some 808s I have in it. But when I have them being played at where I want them some of them will overlap and create an annoying distorted sound. I would like the overlapping to end either through a track ending whatever part of itself is being played right when another track begins.

Note: my 808s (and some other tracks) are user samples. I got them from some other apps and clipped them appropriately.
planet-h

Re: Stop Overlapping

Postby planet-h » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:30 am

W_a-o_nderer wrote:Does anyone here know how I can prevent tracks from overlapping when played? More specifically, I'm working on a pattern/project and I've decided to change the pitches of some 808s I have in it. But when I have them being played at where I want them some of them will overlap and create an annoying distorted sound. I would like the overlapping to end either through a track ending whatever part of itself is being played right when another track begins.

Note: my 808s (and some other tracks) are user samples. I got them from some other apps and clipped them appropriately.

Main Screen / Setup / SMP / Allow long playing samples to overlap Pattern Changes <<< deactivate this check box

Or... if you mean the played samples not to overlap each other:

Deactivate it globally for all patterns and tracks...
Main Screen / Setup / SMP / Sampler Monophony (cut sounds when played) <<< deactivate this check box

Use the mute group extension to make one or more sampler tracks monophonic...
https://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/ ... part48.htm

Of course to make the mute group having any effect, the desired track must be member of it...
https://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/ ... part47.htm

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”