INS fx vs ...

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
lonbluster

INS fx vs ...

Postby lonbluster » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:05 pm

I can't find much info on the difference between the different FXes SUM FX - INS FX - FX1-2-3 Chain.

I just found some mention about performances, but is not clear... Is INS fx more demanding, is that why it is so little a button on the mixer?

I'd rather use FX1-2-3, but I don't seem to be able to activate it (either Send or Input) from the Lpd8 Wireless.
planet-h

Re: INS fx vs ...

Postby planet-h » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:57 am

lonbluster wrote:I can't find much info on the difference between the different FXes SUM FX - INS FX - FX1-2-3 Chain.

I just found some mention about performances, but is not clear... Is INS fx more demanding, is that why it is so little a button on the mixer?

I'd rather use FX1-2-3, but I don't seem to be able to activate it (either Send or Input) from the Lpd8 Wireless.

Short answer:

If you want to share an fx across multiple instruments, e.g. for side chaining (using input2) or to just use the same fx for multiple instruments, then you should use Send FX 1-3.

If you want to use an fx exclusively for one instrument, then you should use Insert FX.

At the end, it's your decision. The answer to this question is not really related to the app, and there is no one and only correct way.

Long answer:
Please read the the docs...it's all explained there in every detail.
https://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/ ... fects.html
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:04 am

For a deeper understanding of the signal chain, please check out the mixer docs:
https://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/ ... aster.html
lonbluster

Postby lonbluster » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:19 am

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”