REAL Electric Guitar Sounds Emulation

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
Lenird777

REAL Electric Guitar Sounds Emulation

Postby Lenird777 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:49 am

Hello Everyone!

Just bought the G-Stomper Producer a couple of days ago. It's a very good drum machine for mobile devices and can solely produce a drum track for your song composition BUT when it's time to create the accompanying melodies/riffs I found out that it seems very hard to create or emulate a real guitar riff with effects (distortion, delay, reverb) by just using the guitar samples and effects.
Is there a way to produce a realistic distorted guitar sound (not sounding like midi) without having to record your own guitar riffs nor import a recorded guitar track?

My goal is to compose a full song by just using the G-Stomper Producer mobile app and have the tracks exported to wav to be loaded to other DAW that has the capability of recording a full vocal track.

With my initial experience on the G-Stomper Producer it seems the app was only designed for Electronic/Techno/Noise type of musical genres and not for the guitar driven genres like Rock, Metal and some Pop using real guitar.

With these limitations can you please recommend to me other android apps that could help me acheive my goal of creating a full song by just using my mobile phone?

I wish the G-Stomper app can finally have a feature to record a full song vocal, guitar and bass tracks by just using the mobile phone alone.

Thank you in advance for the tips and advice.
planet-h

Re: REAL Electric Guitar Sounds Emulation

Postby planet-h » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:32 am

Welcome to the forum, Lenird777
and thanks for your message.

Lenird777 wrote:Just bought the G-Stomper Producer a couple of days ago. It's a very good drum machine for mobile devices and can solely produce a drum track for your song composition BUT when it's time to create the accompanying melodies/riffs I found out that it seems very hard to create or emulate a real guitar riff with effects (distortion, delay, reverb) by just using the guitar samples and effects.
Is there a way to produce a realistic distorted guitar sound (not sounding like midi) without having to record your own guitar riffs nor import a recorded guitar track?

The short answer, on a mobile device, you won't find an adequate guitar emulation.
Acoustic guitars can easily be done using the VA-Beast Synth in combination with micro steps for emulating the playing style like when plucking the guitar strings.
That way you can of course also achieve good distorted guitar sounds, but it's a rather tedious process... like in every daw.
If you want a real guitar, you simply have to record it.

Lenird777 wrote:My goal is to compose a full song by just using the G-Stomper Producer mobile app and have the tracks exported to wav to be loaded to other DAW that has the capability of recording a full vocal track.

With my initial experience on the G-Stomper Producer it seems the app was only designed for Electronic/Techno/Noise type of musical genres and not for the guitar driven genres like Rock, Metal and some Pop using real guitar.

That's not exact on the point. All apps in the G-Stomper product line are designed to create "sequenced" music.
What genre you create has nothing to do with the technical way of doing it.
Keeping that in mind, it's clear that G-Stomper Producer is not a multi-track recorder. If a multi-track recorder is what you're looking for, just search the play store... there are quite a lot of them.

Lenird777 wrote:With these limitations can you please recommend to me other android apps that could help me acheive my goal of creating a full song by just using my mobile phone?
I wish the G-Stomper app can finally have a feature to record a full song vocal, guitar and bass tracks by just using the mobile phone alone.

Many people create full songs on their phones, and most of them use multiple apps, not only one.
The strength of G-Stomper Producer is to sequence music. Other apps are specially designed to record multiple tracks as audio (just search for them in the play store... there are quite a few).
Lenird777

Postby Lenird777 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:10 am

Hi planet-h,

Thank you very much for that swift response, highly appreciated.

With regards to the distorted guitar sound, can you please help me how to achieve a much thicker distortion. I find the built-in distortion and overdrive effects too weak or having not enough grit. I know the sound of a palm muted distorted electric guitar cannot be achieved by simply using a synthesizer, but at least I will be able to make a simpler distorted strummed power chords with the VA-Beast Synth.

I believe sound synthesizers can produce a distorted sound similar to those guitar distortion pedals are capable of, but I just don't know how or where to start. And since you're the one who programmed the VA-Beast Synth app, I am sure you have a broad knowledge on how a synthesizer works. Would appreciate much if you could give me some tips on how to tweak those synth parameters in order to modify the normal sound of a guitar into a distorted one that is quite close to the sound produced by guitar distortion pedals (ex: Boss Metalzone)

Anyway, thank you for enlightening me on what the G-Stomper products are designed for. I thought the G-Stomper Producer is a complex drum machine and a mobile music studio as well that could record multiple tracks of instruments and vocals. Nonetheless, I still find the G-Stomper Producer an excellent app to program my own drum tracks. Should you make another app in the future that has the capability to record multi-tracks, I will surely purchase it without a second thought.

(P.S.: maybe you can just PM me your recommended android multi-track recording app if you don't want to post it here)

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Lenird
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:35 am

Lenird777 wrote:With regards to the distorted guitar sound, can you please help me how to achieve a much thicker distortion. I find the built-in distortion and overdrive effects too weak or having not enough grit. I know the sound of a palm muted distorted electric guitar cannot be achieved by simply using a synthesizer, but at least I will be able to make a simpler distorted strummed power chords with the VA-Beast Synth.

Usually, a guitar distortion is far more than just a distortion. In most cases it's some kind of amp simulation. To reproduce such a behavior, you need a deep understanding about what's going on in a guitar app, and how you can simulate such sounds. I'm not an expert, but in most cases, it's a combination of overdrive/distortion, compression/limitation, filter/eq. I cannot tell you what exact parameters you have to set, as this totally depends on the sound you have in mind. I recommend to experiment with the mentioned components to find out what fits best for you.

Lenird777 wrote:I believe sound synthesizers can produce a distorted sound similar to those guitar distortion pedals are capable of, but I just don't know how or where to start. And since you're the one who programmed the VA-Beast Synth app, I am sure you have a broad knowledge on how a synthesizer works. Would appreciate much if you could give me some tips on how to tweak those synth parameters in order to modify the normal sound of a guitar into a distorted one that is quite close to the sound produced by guitar distortion pedals (ex: Boss Metalzone)

Honestly, even if it would theoretically be possible to produce a distorted guitar sound in the synth, it is definitely not made for that. And therefore it would be lot of effort for only a 60% result. I can't tell you the exact parameters, as I don't know the sound you want, and because I'm no guitar player. At the end it's not only the sound, it's equally important to simulate a guitar playing style.

Lenird777 wrote:Anyway, thank you for enlightening me on what the G-Stomper products are designed for. I thought the G-Stomper Producer is a complex drum machine and a mobile music studio as well that could record multiple tracks of instruments and vocals.

For a key feature listing, just read the app description at:
https://www.planet-h.com/g-stomper-producer/

For a feature comparison with our other apps, check out the product comparison chart at:
https://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/ ... /part7.htm

Lenird777 wrote:Nonetheless, I still find the G-Stomper Producer an excellent app to program my own drum tracks. Should you make another app in the future that has the capability to record multi-tracks, I will surely purchase it without a second thought.

Thank you, and good to know;).
Lenird777

Postby Lenird777 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:24 pm

Hi planet-h,

Thank you very much for patiently answering my questions. Will definitely try to experiment those components you've mentioned.

By the way, I would also like to thank you for privately sending me an email pertaining to my query. I fully understand that as a developer it won't be appropriate for you to mention here any specific app that don't belong to your line of product.

Don't worry I will still recommend G-Stomper Producer as the best music sequencer and drum track creator for android. I've already tried other similar apps (demo versions) but GSP is still the most versatile and easy to use PLUS excellent customer support.

Looking forward to new additional features of GSP.

Best regards,

Lenird
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:45 pm

Lenird777 wrote:Thank you very much for patiently answering my questions. Will definitely try to experiment those components you've mentioned.

You're very welcome. That's what support is for, isn't it?

Lenird777 wrote:Don't worry I will still recommend G-Stomper Producer as the best music sequencer and drum track creator for android. I've already tried other similar apps (demo versions) but GSP is still the most versatile and easy to use PLUS excellent customer support.

Thank you for the flowers;)

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”