Leaving App but remains still in background

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
brause

Leaving App but remains still in background

Postby brause » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:22 pm

Hi,

this happens to every App: leaving app clears the screen but app remains open in background, so I have to kill the processes manualy. This happens on e.g. op6, Android Version 9. Maybe I did something wrong or do I have to change some settings? On my older handy and nexus 7 Tablet Android 6.01 same behaviour. Anyways this is the coolest stuff on earth, so keep on with the number of the beast :-)

kind regards
planet-h

Re: Leaving App but remains still in background

Postby planet-h » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:01 pm

Welcome to the forum, brause
And thanks for your message.

brause wrote:this happens to every App: leaving app clears the screen but app remains open in background, so I have to kill the processes manualy. This happens on e.g. op6, Android Version 9. Maybe I did something wrong or do I have to change some settings? On my older handy and nexus 7 Tablet Android 6.01 same behaviour.

That entirely depends on how you leave the app.
Pressing the home button puts the app to background, which is the correct behavior.
By pressing home, or by putting the app to the background in any other way, G-Stomper remains active for serious reasons, and only for a limited time.
After 5 seconds in background, it auto-saves your work. This ensures that you won't loose any progress when you get a phone call for example (which also puts the app to background).
After 5 minutes in background, the app terminates itself, + it kills the underlying process and virtual machine.

If you want to terminate the app immediately instead of putting it to the background, use the EXIT button inside the app, or use the BACK button of your device.
In G-Stomper Producer, the EXIT button is always present, in all other apps you'll find it on their main screen in the upper left corner. But you can also simply press BACK multiple times until you come to the main screen, and then press BACK once more to terminate the app. In these cases you'll be prompted with a "exit" dialog, where you can decide to auto-save or discard the work.
In either way, by using exit, the app will be terminated, + the underlying process and virtual machine will be killed.

Hope that clears it up;)

As this is not a bug, I've moved the topic to general questions.

brause wrote:Anyways this is the coolest stuff on earth, so keep on with the number of the beast :-)

Thank you very much for the kind words :) Much appreciated
brause

Postby brause » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:05 am

Hi,
I still have the same issue, when pushing Exit button in every app. The apps remain in background open, so I might kill them again. But if this is - as you mentioned before - intended and absolut correct for security reasons then I never will argue again, sorry. Thank you for investing so much precious time to your greedy craving customers approaching uncharted land. Only Arturia reacts fast like you, big respect!!

regards
brause

Postby brause » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:23 am

I tested VA Beast on my newest handy - pushing Exit does not leave the process after 5 minutes staying in background. Just for you to know. I can live with it anyways. Tested on OnePlus6 OxygenOS-Version 9.0.9

kind regards
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:44 am

brause wrote:I tested VA Beast on my newest handy - pushing Exit does not leave the process after 5 minutes staying in background. Just for you to know. I can live with it anyways. Tested on OnePlus6 OxygenOS-Version 9.0.9

You are correct, at least partially.
Actually, the exit terminates the process, ... but since all G-Stomper apps provide their stored data to the "System Files Picker", the Android OS re-starts the app process, as it requires it to run properly.
But that process is only running an absolute minimal setup (not CPU heavy at all) to provide the storage. The process does not run any audio threads or similar. And even if you kill the process manually, as soon as you start the "System Files Picker", it'll start the app process again.

brause wrote:But if this is - as you mentioned before - intended and absolut correct

It actually is correct. I just forgot about the storage provider, sorry for that.

brause wrote:Thank you for investing so much precious time to your greedy craving customers approaching uncharted land. Only Arturia reacts fast like you, big respect!!

Big thank you, brause. That is what support is for, isn't it?
brause

Postby brause » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:24 pm

I do not like to say that but I had bad experience with steinberg and N.I. (using Reaktor and cubase) - support & good customer relationship you find not everywhere on planet earth, this concerns me and every customer because you spent real lot of money and I feel I receive products they really do not fit to my personal needs. Actually I am consuming every tutorial of you, pdfs as well, wow. Aint that much work ? - so I have to say again: This is what I want. Thank you Sir! :D
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:03 pm

brause wrote:I do not like to say that but I had bad experience with steinberg and N.I. (using Reaktor and cubase) - support & good customer relationship you find not everywhere on planet earth, this concerns me and every customer because you spent real lot of money and I feel I receive products they really do not fit to my personal needs. Actually I am consuming every tutorial of you, pdfs as well, wow. Aint that much work ? - so I have to say again: This is what I want. Thank you Sir! :D

Thank you very much, brause. That is really music in my ears:)

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”