Fade in/out, Vocals, and MIDI Keyboards

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
Musicmatters

Fade in/out, Vocals, and MIDI Keyboards

Postby Musicmatters » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:27 am

Good day to you. I'm currently using g stomper producer and I will like to know how do I make a song fade in during playback? I know how to make samples fade in and out in the sample editor but I don't know how do it for songs in the arranger.

Also what's the best way to go about adding vocals in producer to make them play all the way through over the music?

Also what midi keyboards do you support for the android version? And are all knobs and buttons supported including transpose buttons?

The midi keyboard I want to purchase is the nektar impact lx25. Please let me know if it would work on your android version. Here's the link:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... ahEALw_wcB
planet-h

Re: Fade in/out, Vocals, and MIDI Keyboards

Postby planet-h » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:09 am

Thanks for your message, Musicmatters.
To avoid confusion, I have moved your post to a new topic, as it had neither something to do with the topic you've posted it as an answer nor has it anything to do with sample packs.

Musicmatters wrote:Good day to you. I'm currently using g stomper producer and I will like to know how do I make a song fade in during playback? I know how to make samples fade in and out in the sample editor but I don't know how do it for songs in the arranger.

Fade ins/outs can be easily generated as an automation curve.
All details here:
https://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/html/G-Stomper_UserManual_ParameterAutomation/part19.htm

For more complex fades (not just in or out), use key steps and the Auto-Complete Automation feature:
https://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/html/G-Stomper_UserManual_ParameterAutomation/part16.htm

Musicmatters wrote:Also what's the best way to go about adding vocals in producer to make them play all the way through over the music?

As there are no dedicated audio tracks for loops, all you can do is to load vocal snippets into whatever module you prefer, either a drum sampler or a VA-Beast Synth in PCM mode.
Essential is that you cut the vocals into snippets in advance. Loading an acappella of a complete song won't give you any good results.

Musicmatters wrote:Also what midi keyboards do you support for the android version? And are all knobs and buttons supported including transpose buttons?

The midi keyboard I want to purchase is the nektar impact lx25. Please let me know if it would work on your android version. Here's the link:

As we don't have such a keyboard here to test with, I can only guess (most likely it will work). The only way to find out for sure is to test it in a local store in advance.
If you want a tested keyboard recommendation at a similar size and price, then I'd go for the AKAI LPK 25 or the AKAY LPK 25 Wireless (the wireless supports Bluetooth LE and USB).
Musicmatters

Postby Musicmatters » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:14 am

Thanks for the reply. Wouldn't setting the bars in one of the drum sampler modules to 8 allow for a pretty long vocal recording like for maybe 60 seconds if I'm using the sequencer? And are you saying to cut them as snippets in order to be used in the song arranger? For my music I also want to use a sound effect in the intro that will last about 30 seconds or a little more. Basically I was gonna load an 8 minute sound effect and cut it down to about 30 seconds and load it into the drum sampler. It's similar to the vocals except I will be recording the vocals directly in g stomper.

I feel like if Im using the sequencer then the 8 bar setting should allow the vocals and affects to play through smoothly, correct? As for the song arranger I'm not sure if it can load a 30 seconds or more length though.

And do those 2 midi keyboards you mentioned have transpose buttons for stop, play etc.?
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:27 am

Musicmatters wrote:Thanks for the reply. Wouldn't setting the bars in one of the drum sampler modules to 8 allow for a pretty long vocal recording like for maybe 60 seconds if I'm using the sequencer?

That depends on the tempo and the step timing. With 120 bpm and a step timing of 16th, 8 bars would be 32 beats = 16 seconds. With 60 bpm it would be 32 seconds.

Musicmatters wrote:And are you saying to cut them as snippets in order to be used in the song arranger? For my music I also want to use a sound effect in the intro that will last about 30 seconds or a little more. Basically I was gonna load an 8 minute sound effect and cut it down to about 30 seconds and load it into the drum sampler. It's similar to the vocals except I will be recording the vocals directly in g stomper.

Not exactly.
What I'm saying is that none of the G-Stomper apps is actually made to use longer audio clips like loops or longer vocals.
But that does not mean that you cannot use them. If you cut the vocals the right way and if you do not change the tempo (as changing the tempo won't change the tempo of the audio clips), then you can use vocals very well. All you need to know is the actual tempo of the vocals (the bpm). Then cut them into pieces of max 8 bars. Then create Drum Patterns with 8 bars, load one vocal per pattern and trigger it once at step 1 bar 1. Then use these patterns in the song arranger.

Musicmatters wrote:I feel like if Im using the sequencer then the 8 bar setting should allow the vocals and affects to play through smoothly, correct? As for the song arranger I'm not sure if it can load a 30 seconds or more length though.

You cannot directly use audio snippets in the song arranger. You must first create patterns that play those vocals (as explained above), and then use these patterns.
Technically you can load 30 minutes of audio if you want, but a pattern loop will always be max 8 bars, and after that 8 bars it'll just re-trigger the sound if it's triggered at step 1 bar 1.

Musicmatters wrote:And do those 2 midi keyboards you mentioned have transpose buttons for stop, play etc.?

No, none of them, sorry.
Just check out what they have, I'm sure you'll find one there:
https://www.akaipro.com/products/keyboards
Just do not choose one that is labeled "ableton controller".
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:35 am

This one might fit well:
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MPKmini2--akai-professional-mpk-mini-mkii-keyboard-controller

Start/Stop can easily be mapped to a pad for example.

However, I'm not saying that the Nektar won't work, I just cannot give you a proof of it.
Musicmatters

Postby Musicmatters » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:54 pm

Wouldn't it make more sense then to just export everything from g stomper to another daw that can better handle full vocals? With the current set up for g stomper it would make more sense to record the instrumentals and vocals, and then just export everything out. Or do the abelton link or audio bus thing and just play directly to another daw. But I do admit I find myself disappointed because I thought the new g stomper producer version was supposed to be closer to a full daw like fl studio mobile that could handle long vocals. But I think a simple fix for this is to just add an option for more bars like 16 and 32. Please keep in touch, thanks. Jay.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:47 pm

Musicmatters wrote:Wouldn't it make more sense then to just export everything from g stomper to another daw that can better handle full vocals? With the current set up for g stomper it would make more sense to record the instrumentals and vocals, and then just export everything out. Or do the abelton link or audio bus thing and just play directly to another daw. But I do admit I find myself disappointed because I thought the new g stomper producer version was supposed to be closer to a full daw like fl studio mobile that could handle long vocals. But I think a simple fix for this is to just add an option for more bars like 16 and 32. Please keep in touch, thanks. Jay.

As I said....
planet-h wrote:...none of the G-Stomper apps is actually made to use longer audio clips like loops or longer vocals.

So generally, yes, that would make more sense. At the end, there are always various ways that bring you to where you want to go;)

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”