New Midi Device Connected

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
Balanced

New Midi Device Connected

Postby Balanced » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:38 pm

Hello guys I produce a review on your G-STOMPER app in Play Store about the pop ups stating a new device has been connected. When I read the pop up it stated that some of my other music making apps are connected to a midi device. The point is I have not connected any mini device via a OTG Cable. Please can you help. Thanks in Advance.
planet-h

Re: New Midi Device Connected

Postby planet-h » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:01 pm

Welcome to the forum, Balanced.
What you report is not a bug, therefore the topic has been moved to general questions.
If it would fit into a specific sub-forum, then into feature requests.

Balanced wrote:Hello guys I produce a review on your G-STOMPER app in Play Store about the pop ups stating a new device has been connected. When I read the pop up it stated that some of my other music making apps are connected to a midi device. The point is I have not connected any mini device via a OTG Cable. Please can you help. Thanks in Advance.

MIDI devices appear from different sources, from USB, from Bluetooth LE, or (as in your case) from other apps that publish virtual MIDI ports, in other words..Apps that act as a virtual MIDI devices. G-Stomper just shows what it gets. If some MIDI devices are available on startup, then it asks you if you want to use them.

Can you please specify "some of my other music making apps" by name?

However, I'll think about some additional popup with a checkbox, when you click "NO" in the MIDI device popup, so that you could "remember" the decision that you do not want to use it.
Thanks for the hint.
Balanced

Postby Balanced » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:42 pm

Hi after new updates for your apps I am stilling getting those pop ups. Can you help please. Thanks in advance.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:14 pm

Balanced wrote:Hi after new updates for your apps I am stilling getting those pop ups. Can you help please. Thanks in advance.

Yes, it wasn't changed yet, as it's not a bug.

planet-h wrote:However, I'll think about some additional popup with a checkbox, when you click "NO" in the MIDI device popup, so that you could "remember" the decision that you do not want to use it.

That's what I wrote some while back. I didn't confirm some specific release.
It might or might not happen in some future release.
However, it is on the task list.

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”