Bluestacks Android 7.0 Beta

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
ugurbecerik

Bluestacks Android 7.0 Beta

Postby ugurbecerik » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:58 am

Any one used the new beta version? Any chance it has support for midi in/out so that we can use the gss with keyboard?
planet-h

Re: Bluestacks Android 7.0 Beta

Postby planet-h » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:40 am

ugurbecerik wrote:Any one used the new beta version? Any chance it has support for midi in/out so that we can use the gss with keyboard?

I didn't have a chance to test it yet, but I'm pretty sure that it doesn't support any hardware connections from outside the emulator (that includes MIDI over BLE and USB host).
I'm not sure if this is technically possible at all, at least as long as the emulator runs in a sandbox within another OS (e.g. Windows).
It might be different if you boot the hardware (your PC) with Android. As far as I know there are ways to achieve that (not with Bluestacks).
ugurbecerik

Postby ugurbecerik » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:51 pm

Genymotion emulator seems to have that feature but it is a paid software and overkill for that purpose.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:37 pm

ugurbecerik wrote:Genymotion emulator seems to have that feature but it is a paid software and overkill for that purpose.

Yes, definitely. And the pricing is a bit steep just to have an emulator.
However, if we're lucky then Bluestacks will add USB support at some point in the future.
I'll test that beta as soon as I can, just to see if it's better then the Google emulator.
Btw. I gave that one a quick check, too, but as expected, there's no USB support.
https://developer.android.com/studio/run/emulator.html#limitations

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”