[DONE in 5.7.1] Pattern Set... Play mode - no edit mode

Suggest and discuss new features here.
riche

Re: Pattern Set... Play mode - no edit mode

Postby riche » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:01 pm

Folkdisco wrote:Riche,
You do know you could just have several copies of the drop pattern? Click on DROP1, thoroughly mess it up by pressing mutes, etc. Then next time you want a drop, just click on a different one, DROP2, DROP3, etc. :-)

Hey yea ... Problem its not only drops I tweak 8-)
Folkdisco

Postby Folkdisco » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:40 pm

Hahaha! Having 'live' patterns is different. But I think, once you click your headset into it, it's better.

Perhaps you can copy an entire pattern set from A to B. That way, you can completely screw up all of A, then move on to making set B a bit bonkers. Then start on Pattern Set C and D. Once they're all undanceable gibberish, you can just reload the song, and bizarrely, GSS doesn't stop or miss a beat. You just gotta remember to save the thing *BEFORE* you mess it up!
:-D :-D :-D
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:46 pm

Folkdisco wrote:Hahaha! Having 'live' patterns is different. But I think, once you click your headset into it, it's better.

Perhaps you can copy an entire pattern set from A to B. That way, you can completely screw up all of A, then move on to making set B a bit bonkers. Then start on Pattern Set C and D. Once they're all undanceable gibberish, you can just reload the song, and bizarrely, GSS doesn't stop or miss a beat. You just gotta remember to save the thing *BEFORE* you mess it up!

Not a bad idea, indeed.
Maybe a copy feature to copy a complete bank (A) to another one (B) would be handy in such a situation;)
riche

Postby riche » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:17 pm

Folkdisco wrote:Hahaha! Having 'live' patterns is different. But I think, once you click your headset into it, it's better.

... Not a bad idea ... agreed...
... I am finding the reload does work fine ...
Also making my arrangements set up to not need too much tweaking ...
Folkdisco

Postby Folkdisco » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:57 am

It's mad that GSS can load a new song, and just keep on playing the old one right to the end of the last bar, before flicking on seamlessly to the new one. Can't think of ANY other music software on ANY platform that can pull that trick.
There are little things I find a bit infuriating, and other things which are wonderful. :D
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:40 am

Folkdisco wrote:It's mad that GSS can load a new song, and just keep on playing the old one right to the end of the last bar, before flicking on seamlessly to the new one. Can't think of ANY other music software on ANY platform that can pull that trick.

Thanks a lot, Folkdisco:). That was actually one of the features that I missed most in many grooveboxes. Therefore it was planned and integrated in one of the first G-Stomper releases back in 2011.

Folkdisco wrote:There are little things I find a bit infuriating, and other things which are wonderful. :D

We'll definitely give our best to iron all those "infuriating" little things out. Just keep posting them... none of your posts will be forgotten;)
Folkdisco

Postby Folkdisco » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:08 am

Folkdisco wrote:There are little things I find a bit infuriating, and other things which are wonderful. :D

We'll definitely give our best to iron all those "infuriating" little things out. Just keep posting them... none of your posts will be forgotten;)

I think you really need to be careful when you go saying things like that to me! ;-)
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:14 am

Folkdisco wrote:I think you really need to be careful when you go saying things like that to me! ;-)

Hehe, yeah. I'm aware of that;).
There's never a guarantee, if or if not a feature gets actually integrated, but at the end, G-Stomper wouldn't be what it is today without all the user suggestions.
Therefore we're always open to new ideas.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:57 pm

@Riche

That post might be interesting for you:
PATTERN HOLD toggle button on the Pattern Set Screen

I'm pretty sure that would cover your request.
What you think?
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:12 am

@Riche I can now confirm that your suggested "no edit mode" will definitely be part of the next official update. It's a new toggle button on the pattern set view, called LOCK, which can be turned on/off at any time.

Return to “Feature Requests”