[Track Names DONE in 5.6.2.3] Name Midi tracks and hide empty tracks from Mixer view

Suggest and discuss new features here.
samigina

[Track Names DONE in 5.6.2.3] Name Midi tracks and hide empty tracks from Mixer view

Postby samigina » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:37 pm

Im not sure if this features are already implemented, but I cant find them:

1. Im trying to use G-Stomper as my main sequencer for my synths (connected trough midi), I dont use the sound engine, just midi. I will like to be able to name the midi tracks to my synths and drum machine. For example T01 can be my drum machine kick, but once i set it to be a midi track I cant rename it.

2. In the same context, when in mixer view I can see all the tracks, even the empty ones. If i have a little rhythm using just kick and snares I dont need the claps and hats showing in the mixer. Is there anyway to hide empty tracks from there?
planet-h

Re: Name Midi tracks and hide empty tracks from Mixer view

Postby planet-h » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:27 am

Welcome to the forum samigina
And thanks of your message.

samigina wrote:1. Im trying to use G-Stomper as my main sequencer for my synths (connected trough midi), I dont use the sound engine, just midi. I will like to be able to name the midi tracks to my synths and drum machine. For example T01 can be my drum machine kick, but once i set it to be a midi track I cant rename it.

Good point. We'll put that on the task list.

samigina wrote:2. In the same context, when in mixer view I can see all the tracks, even the empty ones. If i have a little rhythm using just kick and snares I dont need the claps and hats showing in the mixer. Is there anyway to hide empty tracks from there?

Unfortunately this is not possible, as it would interfere with other patterns when you chain multiple patterns to run in sequence.
But I think, when you're able to name your tracks, it'll be much easier to spot the right ones.
What you think?
samigina

Postby samigina » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:30 pm

Thank you for such quick answer.

The problem I see with the mixer view is that in a live performance (which is how I intend to use G-Stomper) I need a quick way to mute and unmute tracks, and as it is now I need to scroll the view to be able to lets say, mute the snares and some bass arpeggio at the same time (they doesnt appear in the same "page", first two pages are drum channels).

Maybe this can be solved mapping a midi controller buttons with mute unmute CCs, is that possible?

Or is there any other way to achieve this goal?
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:22 am

samigina wrote:Thank you for such quick answer.

The problem I see with the mixer view is that in a live performance (which is how I intend to use G-Stomper) I need a quick way to mute and unmute tracks, and as it is now I need to scroll the view to be able to lets say, mute the snares and some bass arpeggio at the same time (they doesnt appear in the same "page", first two pages are drum channels).

Maybe this can be solved mapping a midi controller buttons with mute unmute CCs, is that possible?

Or is there any other way to achieve this goal?

Agree, I see your point.

Yes, there is another way to mute/unmute multiple tracks at once.
Have you tried the programmable multi-mute yet?
It lets you define a mute group and then mute/unmute all included tracks at once.
The multi-mute configuration is saved per pattern, which means you can have an own configuration for each pattern.

But as said, I understand your point.
And I'll definitely have a deeper look into this.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:38 pm

Just a quick heads up:
General naming of the tracks will be part of the next update.
This applies to MIDI and normal (non-MIDI) tracks.
samigina

Postby samigina » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:58 pm

planet-h wrote:Just a quick heads up:
General naming of the tracks will be part of the next update.
This applies to MIDI and normal (non-MIDI) tracks.

Just received the update. Thank you very much, such a great support :)
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:33 pm

samigina wrote:Just received the update. Thank you very much, such a great support :)

You're welcome;)
Thanks again for the hint.

Return to “Feature Requests”