[DONE in 5.6.1] Mirco nudge

Suggest and discuss new features here.
TIXE DOPE

[DONE in 5.6.1] Mirco nudge

Postby TIXE DOPE » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:46 pm

I wish there could be a way to micro nudge tracks to the left or right by 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, or 1/32 of a step. if not just in the drum machine but, if it could be the poly grid too for VT tracks that would be very awesome :D
planet-h

Re: Mirco nudge

Postby planet-h » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:07 am

Thanks for your message.

TIXE DOPE wrote:I wish there could be a way to micro nudge tracks to the left or right by 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, or 1/32 of a step. if not just in the drum machine but, if it could be the poly grid too for VT tracks that would be very awesome :D

Fully agree. I have that on the task list already, and hopefully find some time to integrate it soon.
The plan is to offer that 'micro nudge' be per step (not only per track) to give you the most possible variety.
I just cannot give you a e.t.a. yet, as it's not yet planned for a specific release.
TIXE DOPE

Postby TIXE DOPE » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:04 pm

Yesss that sounds cool that's even better than I thought thank you. hope it comes soon
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:52 am

TIXE DOPE wrote:Yesss that sounds cool that's even better than I thought thank you. hope it comes soon

Btw. Have you tried to use another time signature? E.g. 32 or 64?
With the higher signatures way can produce similar results, as you get more steps per beat (16 = 4 steps per beat, 32 = 8 steps per beat, 64 = 16 steps per beat).
TIXE DOPE

Postby TIXE DOPE » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:16 pm

Wow Ok Ive been trying it out and I get it now. Its just a wider image to visualize. Basically I just place my snares farther apart and make my beat the same way and when I go to move something by one step its as if Im moving by half a step if I were in "16 time signature". Yea this helps and its exactly I needed, I just need to get used to doing this way. Thank you!
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:38 pm

TIXE DOPE wrote:Wow Ok Ive been trying it out and I get it now. Its just a wider image to visualize. Basically I just place my snares farther apart and make my beat the same way and when I go to move something by one step its as if Im moving by half a step if I were in "16 time signature". Yea this helps and its exactly I needed, I just need to get used to doing this way. Thank you!

Great to hear that your needs are covered that way:).
Btw. if you change the time signature by long pressing the buttons instead of a simple short press, then your existing beat will be automatically re-arranged to the new signature.
TIXE DOPE

Postby TIXE DOPE » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:33 am

whaaat really? ok. great feature thanks for the tips

Return to “Feature Requests”