Recording parameter automations

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
TIXE DOPE

Recording parameter automations

Postby TIXE DOPE » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:17 am

Two questions. First, Is it possible to record stutter movements. Like on the main drum screen at the bottom right there is a fader that says STUT and when u move it it does something how do record the movments.
And second, how can I record main SUM FX parameter automations. When Im recording I try to move one of the faders, and I usually put a high plus filter (HP Filter), but when in try to move it with the record button on G-stomper shuts down and my tablet says "unfortunately g-stomper has stopped". But when ever I move them without trying to record its fine, I can hear the effect slowly increasing. Plz help
planet-h

Re: Recording parameter automations

Postby planet-h » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:29 am

Thanks for your message, TIXE DOPE.

TIXE DOPE wrote:Is it possible to record stutter movements. Like on the main drum screen at the bottom right there is a fader that says STUT and when u move it it does something how do record the movments.

Unfortunately not, sorry.
Since the Stutter directly controls the Sequencer movement, recording it within the sequencer would result in a typical chicken/egg situation.
The stutter was designed as a pure live feature.

TIXE DOPE wrote:And second, how can I record main SUM FX parameter automations. When Im recording I try to move one of the faders, and I usually put a high plus filter (HP Filter), but when in try to move it with the record button on G-stomper shuts down and my tablet says "unfortunately g-stomper has stopped". But when ever I move them without trying to record its fine, I can hear the effect slowly increasing. Plz help

First of all ...You're doing it the right way. If I do the same here on my device it works without problems.

Are you using the latest version 5.1.2.3 ? If not, please update to the latest version and then try again.

If it still happens, please send me a message from inside the app (main screen / help / contact / ... type your name and send). With the header information in that message I can say more.
TIXE DOPE

Postby TIXE DOPE » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:53 pm

Yea I'm up to date I have the new GSS so idk. I'm running android lollipop on my tablet if that can effect it, but idk. It only happens when I'm tryn to record the sum fx movements. But I'll send you a message rn. Thanks so much for the help
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:15 pm

TIXE DOPE wrote:Yea I'm up to date I have the new GSS so idk. I'm running android lollipop on my tablet if that can effect it, but idk. It only happens when I'm tryn to record the sum fx movements. But I'll send you a message rn. Thanks so much for the help

Thanks for the explanation, and also thanks for the mail with your device details.
I tried hard to reproduce the problem on my device, but unfortunately without success. Whatever device or settings I use, the sum fx automation works without any problems here.

Does that problem occur only with the sum fx or also when you automate the master volume or panorama on the master view?

I know you mentioned that already, but I have to be 100% sure:
Does the automation of the regular FX (fx1-3) work without problems?
Does the automation of the insert FX (on the mixer view) work without problems?

Further questions:
Do you have any setting changed in the G-Stomper settings or anything else that is different to the default configuration (e.g. you use the portrait mode, special sampler settings, etc.)?
Don't get me wrong, I fully believe you that this is happening, but in order to fix the problem, I must be able to reproduce the crash.

When the app crashes, did you send an error report to google? That would definitely help.
TIXE DOPE

Postby TIXE DOPE » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:48 pm

OK I can definitely try all of those rn. I've actually never tried to record automations for any of the other FX screens. But I got something new to add, it only crashes when get to the next bar. Like I can have the record button on and be moving the FX fader from steps 1-16 but once it starts over agian at 1 is when it crashes. And no I've never tried to report it I'll all that right now though.
TIXE DOPE

Postby TIXE DOPE » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:07 pm

OK Ive just been trying it and it happens on the master sum FX screen and the normal FX screen not at all on the FX ins on the mixer screen. But like just said before I notice it only happens when I'm trying to record automations over the next bar
Iike when it starts over at one again and not all the time either idk what it is.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:45 am

TIXE DOPE wrote:OK Ive just been trying it and it happens on the master sum FX screen and the normal FX screen not at all on the FX ins on the mixer screen. But like just said before I notice it only happens when I'm trying to record automations over the next bar
Iike when it starts over at one again and not all the time either idk what it is.

Thanks a lost, TIXE DOPE. That is a big help and definitely something to start with.
Also got your error report on google play. The error stack is ambiguous, but together with the information in your latest response there's a good chance to find it.

Are you already part of the G-Stomper BETA community?
If not, you'd be welcome to join.
Just visit https://groups.google.com/d/forum/g-stomper-public-beta-group and click "Apply for membership".

As a member you get the latest pre-releases before they go public.

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”