Vocals.

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
The Telltale Silence

Vocals.

Postby The Telltale Silence » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:38 am

I would like to add some vocals to a track. But with 12 sample slots taken up by drums, leaving a maximum of 12 free, it seems like it won't be possible to do it. Any suggestions?
planet-h

Re: Vocals.

Postby planet-h » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:58 am

Welcome to the forum, The Telltale Silence.

The Telltale Silence wrote:I would like to add some vocals to a track. But with 12 sample slots taken up by drums, leaving a maximum of 12 free, it seems like it won't be possible to do it. Any suggestions?

As I understand you right, you did already enable all 24 tracks in the settings. Is this correct?
If not, press SETUP on the main screen, select the SMP tab and set the "Number of Sampler Tracks" to 24.

When you use the first 12 tracks for drums, then you still have 12 tracks free. Guess that is enough space to add some vocal samples, isn't it?
The Telltale Silence

Postby The Telltale Silence » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:53 am

I am enjoying the app very much. I figured out, literally right after posting, that I was forgetting that the samples can be different for each pattern. I'm not used to that yet. I was thinking I had to have the same 24 samples for all patterns. So, yeah. There is plenty of space. Heh heh.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:14 am

The Telltale Silence wrote:I am enjoying the app very much. I figured out, literally right after posting, that I was forgetting that the samples can be different for each pattern. I'm not used to that yet. I was thinking I had to have the same 24 samples for all patterns. So, yeah. There is plenty of space. Heh heh.

Thanks a lot for the success report. Great to hear that you figured it out, and also that you're enjoying G-Stomper Studio.
I wish you great fun with it.
KennedyG11

Postby KennedyG11 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:26 am

I am having the hardest time figuring out how to add vocals where do you record vocals on the app plzzzzzzzzz help
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:17 am

Welcome to the forum, KennedyG11

KennedyG11 wrote:I am having the hardest time figuring out how to add vocals where do you record vocals on the app plzzzzzzzzz help

You cannot record vocals directly within G-Stomper Studio.
What you can do is to record your vocals somewhere else (in any recording app or on a pc) and then use the recorded samples in G-Stomper Studio. Just keep in mind that the recorded samples must be in uncompressed .wav or .aif format.

To load an own sample in G-Stomper Studio:
http://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/G-Stomper_UserManual_UserSamples.htm
the_horak

Postby the_horak » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:16 pm

planeth wrote:You cannot record vocals directly within G-Stomper Studio.
What you can do is to record your vocals somewhere else (in any recording app or on a pc) and then use the recorded samples in G-Stomper Studio. Just keep in mind that the recorded samples must be in uncompressed .wav or .aif format.

Hello, new to this app and to this forum. Is there a file size or time length limitation when it comes to importing these .wav vocals? Should I break up vocals into smaller tracks for, say, each verse and chorus? Thanks so much!
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:59 am

the_horak wrote:
planeth wrote:You cannot record vocals directly within G-Stomper Studio.

Hello, new to this app and to this forum. Is there a file size or time length limitation when it comes to importing these .wav vocals? Should I break up vocals into smaller tracks for, say, each verse and chorus? Thanks so much!

Welcome to the forum, the_horak.
Technically, the only limitation is the available ram per app. How much ram your device actually provides per app, is listed in the G-Stomper system info (main screen / SETUP / info / Memory Class).

Regarding the fact that all G-Stomper sequences are stored in patterns of max 8 bars (128 steps), it's most suitable if you cut the vocals in pieces as you mentioned.
You can of course also load the complete vocal in multiple tracks and then adjust the start and end point on each track to play a different potion of the vocal. But it can be fiddly to find the right position, therefore I recommend to cut them up. That's how it is done in the promo video...

garthoid

Postby garthoid » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:22 am

I have a tascam 32 track digital recorder which i then import the gstomper wav via my pc to a stereo track , which then leaves me with more than enough vox tracks. it all goes back into the pc for mastering . just a thought

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”