Undo recording

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
dnswr

Undo recording

Postby dnswr » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:38 pm

Hi!

Is there a "1-Button redo" of a Note recording (melody per finger or Midi-Keyboard) ?

Atm is do this by "CLR-Menu" or via deleting in the Grid or Note editor. I prefer Grid edito if there is no automation.

thank you

andy
planet-h

Re: Undo recording

Postby planet-h » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:12 am

dnswr wrote:Hi!

Is there a "1-Button redo" of a Note recording (melody per finger or Midi-Keyboard) ?

Atm is do this by "CLR-Menu" or via deleting in the Grid or Note editor. I prefer Grid edito if there is no automation.

thank you

andy

You mean a simple "clear sequence" direct access switch?
dnswr

Postby dnswr » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:37 pm

hi. yes for example. Or undo last action, automation etc.
greetz
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:04 pm

dnswr wrote:hi. yes for example. Or undo last action, automation etc.
greetz

Yes, agree with you that a general undo would be a very useful feature. But this is a very tricky job, since a live recording as well as many other things you do in GSS are in most cases done by many sub-tasks, it's very rare that it's only one sub-task. Undoing such a composite action means technically that every single sub-task of the main action has to be memorized by the system, and as you surely know already, memory is a rare resource;). And that's only the tip of the Iceberg, it gets even more complicated when you do multiple things at once using multi-touch, let's say when you move 5 sliders at once for example.

However, I have the undo on the task list since a while, and if I find a proper solution someday, then I'll integrate it straight away.
dnswr

Postby dnswr » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:16 pm

thank you for the deep information. I think a "undo last note recording" would be a nice start. maybe pitch wheel automation should be killed, too. But notes would be very cool . Then you can record and try again if you missed the "1". A question: is there a start recording at i put option ? Is there a precount (activated by first midi / trigger press available. thank you in advance. Andy
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:57 am

dnswr wrote:thank you for the deep information. I think a "undo last note recording" would be a nice start. maybe pitch wheel automation should be killed, too. But notes would be very cool . Then you can record and try again if you missed the "1". A question: is there a start recording at i put option ? Is there a precount (activated by first midi / trigger press available. thank you in advance. Andy

So that would rather be a quick access to "clear sequence". "undo last recording" would mean to leave all the previously existing notes intact, and that would be equal with integrating an overall undo.

Regaring the precount:
It's not exactly a pre-count, but you can enable a metronome by long pressing the record button (the metronome volume can be adjusted in the G-Stomper Settings / SEQ tab).
dnswr

Postby dnswr » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:19 pm

yes sir. that's what i want. greetz

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”