killin' two birds with one stone. VA BEAST : snyth & piano

Suggest and discuss new features here.
derrtiblu

killin' two birds with one stone. VA BEAST : snyth & piano

Postby derrtiblu » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:49 am

How do i view what these two beast do? As like a grid of some sort. Is there one; for these 2???

like after u have record the idea in step record mode can u edit small itty changes?
planet-h

Re: killin' two birds with one stone. VA BEAST : snyth & pia

Postby planet-h » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:09 pm

What you mean with "How do i view what these two beast do? "??

like after u have record the idea in step record mode can u edit small itty changes?

Depends on what you mean to edit.

The sequence in the poly grid? Simply edit the sequence

The Automation? Use the step edit mode http://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/G-Stomper_UserManual_ParameterAutomation.htm#_Toc413321017
derrtiblu

Postby derrtiblu » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:29 am

Alot of manuals get me turn around. And i forget what i was searchin' the manual for. But your effort of helpin' me is commendable. I will research the section of the manual. No promises i'll understand, two apply. Why videos have gotten me this far in gettin' better with production.

Peace thanx!
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:36 am

No problem, I understand that.
The reason why I've created a complete printable manual, rather than putting all in video tutorials, is simple.

G-Stomper Studio is not a static tool, it's always on the move. In other words, it's in active development. This means the docs have to be updated with every app update. Doing this with videos is simply impossible, unless you have a team of 10-20 people to do this. It's simply too much to put into video clips. The full docs are more than 300 pages, and even if I wanted to, there was no way to make it a single page shorter without loosing relevant information.
derrtiblu

Postby derrtiblu » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:29 am

I'm of mind once i get solid with any mobile app for music production. This is on my two do list. But workin' around with certain functions of an app is one thang. Even if its constantly e-volving. Mastering or balancinf equalizing projects won't reallt ever change.

herre's my problem. Too many claim two know mastering on youtube. Someone emptying their cup two be green of what they think they know of mixing knows more than a know it all. I can't really soak'up as a sponge and really use this app or any app dat uses as many or the same similar quality effects as this app.

in the deep end and idk how two swim the apps r the simplest way two learn mixing mainly u don't have different equipment than someone else. We all able basically ooen the app the same way and start a project almost the same.

I've network on other apps too many too busy for something like this but yet gonne get two it.

I perfer idiots two be real. Tell me u ain't caring i get mastering or mixing and u all about your gain what u do with your time of production.

((((( if it felt like this rambling was directed two u the creator of g -stomper. It wasn't. Others on cross app platforms. No names need mentioning cause derrtiblu soils forum threads. Instead derrtiblu gettin' clean )))
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:24 pm

Sure that's right, mixing and equalizing does not change alot. But there's also not much to explain in a video about mixing and equalizing.
Just start the mixer and use it like a hardware mixing desk, there's nothing "more" about it.
Move the sliders up and down, this is very it. Press "EQ" to show up the channel EQ (3-band parametric).

If you need more details about mixing, here are the docs: http://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/G-Stomper_UserManual_MixerAndMaster.htm

btw. there are actually 2 or 3 Piano Presets in the VA-Beast Factory Presets;)
EIPStudiosOhio

Postby EIPStudiosOhio » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:43 pm

Derrti, as with the other app, you gotta take it in small steps, and get the basics learned... Start small, and move up to the next level from there.... GSS is unique in its own way, and really alot simpler to set up and make a groove very quickly.

In regards to the VA, load up one of the presets (there are a TON to choose from right away) and make some noise from there..... tweak some knobs and faders, to color your sound to your taste, and start making your pattern data...

Once I get into the swing of things, I will have some things to share with the community here, that can easily be downloaded, loaded up, and play right away... 8-)

Return to “Feature Requests”