does NOT work with arc welder whatsoever

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
Raven

does NOT work with arc welder whatsoever

Postby Raven » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:47 pm

why does gstomper refuse to even load with arc welder :( also, my midi controller does not work. ugh, i would have bought this too. anybody can help? i use linux and running arc welder. could have had a sale too. would gladly support this developer if his product worked with arc.
planet-h

Re: does NOT work with arc welder whatsoever

Postby planet-h » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:08 am

Raven wrote:why does gstomper refuse to even load with arc welder :( also, my midi controller does not work. ugh, i would have bought this too. anybody can help? i use linux and running arc welder. could have had a sale too. would gladly support this developer if his product worked with arc.

Welcome to the forum Raven.

Yes, I noticed that already. I tried Arc Welder some while ago, without success on G-Stomper. The point is, that Arc Welder is an emulation, and if an app doesn't work on it, it doesn't mean that there's a problem with the app. It's more likely that the emulator itself is not optimized yet to run any kind of apps. I keep an eye on that, but unfortunately, there's not much I can do for now. Have you reported the problem to Arc Welder itself already?

How can you know that your MIDI controller is not working, if the app is not working on Arc Welder at all?
Or is the MIDI controller issue on a regular Android device?

There has been a bug fixed for the upcoming release 4.3, which actually made some MIDI controller to fail (e.g. Akai MPK mini, Akai MPK mini MK2, ...). This will work after the next update.

What MIDI controller are you using?
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:15 am

Btw. G-Stomper Studio works on BlueStacks. What doesn't work is the USB midi connection (which is a problem of the emulator). But at least the G-Stomper Studio works without problems.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:41 pm

After a bit of testing, I got G-Stomper Studio to work with arc welder (so far the good news).
The crash was forced by accessing the usb port (which is obviously not yet supported by arc).

However, even if it works, the performance is horribly bad.
In the current state of the arc plugin it's therefore impossible to use G-Stomper.
But there's hope, arc is still beta, and so far nothing more than an emulator for developers. Compared to the previous emulator it's already 100 times faster, but unfortunately it's still 10 times slower than a dual core galaxy nexus.

So for now, the better choice is definitely Bluestacks.
EIPStudiosOhio

Postby EIPStudiosOhio » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:52 pm

Thats funny this thread popped up because I tried ArcWelder and GSS last night and it didn't get past the startup splash screen, but probably for the reason as stated above.... I'll check out BlueStacks.... I can't get Android Studio to work on my system either
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:07 am

EIPStudiosOhio wrote:Thats funny this thread popped up because I tried ArcWelder and GSS last night and it didn't get past the startup splash screen, but probably for the reason as stated above.... I'll check out BlueStacks.... I can't get Android Studio to work on my system either

I've just created the hot fix in the development version, it's not rolled out to anywhere yet, not even to the latest beta release.
It'll be part or the next beta.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:52 am

Raven wrote:why does gstomper refuse to even load with arc welder :( also, my midi controller does not work. ugh, i would have bought this too. anybody can help? i use linux and running arc welder. could have had a sale too. would gladly support this developer if his product worked with arc.

G-Stomper Studio 4.3 went live these days. The new version works on ARC WELDER. But for good results you need an ultra fast computer. ARC WELDER is a good emulator, but it still is an emulator, which has nothing in common (regarding performance) with a real Android device.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:25 am

Just got a message from one of my users about a new Android Emulator for PC, which obviously runs smoother than Arc Welder.

Just check it out at: https://www.genymotion.com/

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”