All Stop for long samples....

Share your favorite G-Stomper tips and tricks and learn from other users.
EIPStudiosOhio

All Stop for long samples....

Postby EIPStudiosOhio » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:47 am

While experimenting with some new ideas, I ran into a small hiccup where I have long WAV samples continue to play while auditioning, editing, or setup for Pattern etc... While no Panic Button exists in the main drum machine, I found a quick and easy way to stop long WAV playback on demand, by simply yanking down the Length Fader.... Done. :geek:
planet-h

Re: All Stop for long samples....

Postby planet-h » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:33 am

EIPStudiosOhio wrote:While experimenting with some new ideas, I ran into a small hiccup where I have long WAV samples continue to play while auditioning, editing, or setup for Pattern etc... While no Panic Button exists in the main drum machine, I found a quick and easy way to stop long WAV playback on demand, by simply yanking down the Length Fader.... Done. :geek:

Yes, that's working ;), good point.
You can also just stop the sequencer, that will do the same job (for all tracks at once).

Panic button for samplers went to the task list in this moment, thanks a lot for the hint.
EIPStudiosOhio

Postby EIPStudiosOhio » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:03 am

Yes true, stopping a played sequence performs an AllStop, but if I touch a pad that plays a long sample, pressing Stop has no affect on it......

However, if I press Play then Stop, then it does stop the finger-pressed pad playback...
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:34 am

EIPStudiosOhio wrote:Yes true, stopping a played sequence performs an AllStop, but if I touch a pad that plays a long sample, pressing Stop has no affect on it......

However, if I press Play then Stop, then it does stop the finger-pressed pad playback...

Ah, yes, that's correct. Fortunately this was a two-liner;), so it went right into the code for the next release.
With that minor change, the playing samples as well as the synths will be all stopped immediately when you press stop (even if the sequencer is not running). Factually, the stop button will act as an overall "panic" button. I think that makes sense and will fit pretty well, what you think?
EIPStudiosOhio

Postby EIPStudiosOhio » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:09 pm

Yes that was a perfect fixed and worked on my end... :geek:

Return to “Tips and Tricks”