Question about Auto-Save

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
Motion-Masta

Question about Auto-Save

Postby Motion-Masta » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:29 pm

Hello, I post this message because I'm feeling so desparate, today was a beautiful day, I was making music on G-Stomper Studio from 9h30 until 18h45, and I saved all my project (pattern, pattern set, etc) multiple times until around 12h30.
Then I discover the Auto-Save and Exit function, I used this function multiple times from 12h30 to 18h30 without any problem, but problems begin because I was thinking that Auto-Save and Exit fonction saved all data inside my current projet, but it isn't the case, I think that Auto-Save and Exit create a temporary save somewhere but it don't overwrite the current project, and this is a huge problem when the guy using the software isn't aware about that, so around 18h45, this guy after 6 hours of making very good music make a little mistake, so after that he choose Discard and Exit because he was thinking "it's ok, I have Auto-Save and Exit multiple times this afternoon, so my project will load where it was the last time I've Auto-Save and Exit aroud 18h30", but in fact no, not at all, the last save available I have in my folder is around 12h30, all the music I have done between around 12h30 and 18h30 seems to be lost forever just because I make the mistake of Discard and Exit one and only time at 18h45 for repair a mistake, and instaed of loosing 15 minutes of work, I have loose all the afternoon of work, I'm thinking to end my life because I'm pretty sure that Auto-Save and Exit function is just a temporary state like files loaded in RAM until software restart or something like that, but it doen't save anything definitively on the current project, and when you choose Discard and Exit it cancel definitively all the stuff you haven't save by yourself.

I'm here to know if there is any solution for me to recover all my work until 18h30 (just before I clicked on Discard and Exit)
Can we access to the temporary saving folder ?
Can I access all my Auto-Save and Exit files or does all my work from 12h30 to 18h30 is definitively lost ?
planet-h

Re: Question about Auto-Save

Postby planet-h » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:46 pm

Welcome to the forum, Motion-Masta
and thanks for your message.

Motion-Masta wrote:I'm here to know if there is any solution for me to recover all my work until 18h30 (just before I clicked on Discard and Exit)

Unfortunately you can't. If you discarded and exit, then it's gone.

Motion-Masta wrote:Can we access to the temporary saving folder ?

You can, but it's empty. When you click "discard and exist", then the folder gets cleared. There is anyway only one single file in it, the temporary save.

Motion-Masta wrote:Can I access all my Auto-Save and Exit files or does all my work from 12h30 to 18h30 is definitively lost ?

There are no multiple files. It's only one single auto-save file that gets overwritten on every auto-save, and which gets cleared on discard.

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do. When you discarded it, then t's gone.

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”