GStomper & Traktor

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
psyshow

GStomper & Traktor

Postby psyshow » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:24 am

Hi all,

First let me congratulate the publisher on producing this app, it really is a fantastic piece of software - thank you!

This may seem like a really daft question so forgive my lack of knowledge in this area. I'm wondering whether its possible to link Gstomper up to the Software 'Traktor' on PC. Ideally I want to mix the beats I've created in Gstomper with MP3's mixed on my CDJ's running through Traktor. I have no idea how MIDI signals work, I just know that both applications support it's use. Traktor allows 3 decks to be used, my idea is to have the CDJ's going through 2 of those channels (via USB) and the G Stomper App to run through its 3rd deck. I'm not looking for adding effects, all I'm looking for is for them to sync in beat. At the moment I'm doing it the traditional way and using the beat slider and BPM on Gstomper to beat match by ear. Would love to have them synced fully though.

Any help appreciated - remember, I am a mere simpleton in this department :(
planet-h

Re: GStomper & Traktor

Postby planet-h » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:51 am

Welcome to the forum, psyshow
and thanks for your message.

psyshow wrote:First let me congratulate the publisher on producing this app, it really is a fantastic piece of software - thank you!

This may seem like a really daft question so forgive my lack of knowledge in this area. I'm wondering whether its possible to link Gstomper up to the Software 'Traktor' on PC. Ideally I want to mix the beats I've created in Gstomper with MP3's mixed on my CDJ's running through Traktor. I have no idea how MIDI signals work, I just know that both applications support it's use. Traktor allows 3 decks to be used, my idea is to have the CDJ's going through 2 of those channels (via USB) and the G Stomper App to run through its 3rd deck. I'm not looking for adding effects, all I'm looking for is for them to sync in beat. At the moment I'm doing it the traditional way and using the beat slider and BPM on Gstomper to beat match by ear. Would love to have them synced fully though.

Thanks a lot for the kind words about our apps. Much much appreciated:).

Regarding your question:
As far as I see, this should be very easy to be done using Ableton Link (supported by both G-Stomper and Traktor Pro 2), which is the far better choice than MIDI, if you want to synchronize equipment running different software. All you need is an Android device running any G-Stomper app, Traktor Pro 2, and a working WiFi Network (no internet access required).
Ableton Link does not require any cables. It fully syncs over WiFi, and it does it way more stable than MIDI ever will be.
In addition of synching just the tempo, Ableton Link also synchronizes beat and phase, which fits perfectly for DJ-ing.

All G-Stomper apps fully support Ableton Link:
https://www.planet-h.com/documentation/ableton-link/

And Native Instruments Traktor Pro 2 obviously supports Ableton Link as well:
https://www.ableton.com/en/link/product ... ype=dj-app

Hope that answers your question.
psyshow

Postby psyshow » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:03 am

planet-h wrote:Welcome to the forum, psyshow
and thanks for your message.

psyshow wrote:First let me congratulate the publisher on producing this app, it really is a fantastic piece of software - thank you!

Thanks a lot for the kind words about our apps. Much much appreciated:).

Regarding your question:
As far as I see, this should be very easy to be done using Ableton Link (supported by both G-Stomper and Traktor Pro 2), which is the far better choice than MIDI, if you want to synchronize equipment running different software. All you need is an Android device running any G-Stomper app, Traktor Pro 2, and a working WiFi Network (no internet access required).
Ableton Link does not require any cables. It fully syncs over WiFi, and it does it way more stable than MIDI ever will be.
In addition of synching just the tempo, Ableton Link also synchronizes beat and phase, which fits perfectly for DJ-ing.

All G-Stomper apps fully support Ableton Link:
https://www.planet-h.com/documentation/ableton-link/

And Native Instruments Traktor Pro 2 obviously supports Ableton Link as well:
https://www.ableton.com/en/link/product ... ype=dj-app

Hope that answers your question.

Thank you so much! That's given me some ground to start researching the subject on. So pleased it can be done, adds so much more to what a mix can be. Thanks once more for your help, your time and your app. Its given me no end of joy. Hopefully it should be clear from this point but if not, I hope it will be OK to pop back and get some more insight. :)
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:31 am

You're welcome.
It's really easy to set it up.
All you have to do is to join the same WiFi network with both devices, PC and Android device.
Then enable Ableton Link in both applications, maybe adjust the latency compensation slightly, and you're ready to go.
You'll see, Ableton Link is pure joy.

Just note that you cannot use Ableton Link in Android apps on a chrome book. This is (for security reasons) not possible. Means it's blocked by the Chrome OS.

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”