Chromebook keyboard as controller

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
Frankjames442

Chromebook keyboard as controller

Postby Frankjames442 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:04 pm

i'm doing some traveling and I don't have a midi controller with me and was wondering if there is a way to use the keyboard instead. (g-stomper producer)

thanks!

ps. just started using the software and i'm amazed at how many features you have managed to apply on the android platform. kudos
planet-h

Re: Chromebook keyboard as controller

Postby planet-h » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:36 pm

Welcome to the forum, Frankjames422
and thanks for your message.
Frankjames442 wrote:i'm doing some traveling and I don't have a midi controller with me and was wondering if there is a way to use the keyboard instead. (g-stomper producer)

Unfortunately this is not possible. All G-Stomper apps are built for touch screen usage, and the percentage of devices with a physical keyboard attached (like a Chromebook for example) is approximately 2-3%. Even though I drove tests with physical keyboards some while back, but the results have not been satisfying, as a keyboard for typing is not optimized to have an accurate timing.

I'd recommend to use one of those:
https://www.akaipro.com/lpk25-wireless
https://www.akaipro.com/lpd8-wireless

The LPK25 is a kb controller while the LPD 8 is a pad controller.
Both are Bluetooth LE and can be used with AA batteries.

Bluetooth is generally better for Chromebooks, since USB is not accessible on all Chromebooks via Android apps.

Frankjames442 wrote:ps. just started using the software and i'm amazed at how many features you have managed to apply on the android platform. kudos

Thank you very much for your kind words. I'm glad to hear that you like and enjoy the app:)

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”