Performance issues using Gstomper producer

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
nautama

Performance issues using Gstomper producer

Postby nautama » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:20 pm

Hello, thanks for creating this amazing app, I bought a brand new samsung tablet for it but although it works very well in general, from time to time there are some noticeable cracks and little bumps in the audio which for a live performance would suck. I tried optimizing the system and even though the RAM usage indicator is low it still happens. I looked at the performance optimization guide and it says there's a hidden button for changing graphic settings but I can't access it, tried pressing many many times to no use. Any way to activate it? Also, what do you think of my device specs? I would imagine it should be plenty but now I'm not so sure. I run my tests with no other apps open in the background. Thanks!!

Alberto

Device: Samsung SM-T290
CPU Cores: 4
CPU Freq: 2016 MHz
CPU Level: 16.13
Android version: 10
Memory class: 512 mb (max per app)
Screen size: 8.03"
Screen resolution: 1280x800
GPU usage: full
Graphics class: 1 : high
Graphics cache mode: normal
planet-h

Re: Performance issues using Gstomper producer

Postby planet-h » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:39 pm

It depends on your audio settings.
In most cases the following settings will be the best choice, but it makes sense to try out different settings.

SETUP / AUD / Audio System = AAudio <<< depending on your device, try the different audio systems
SETUP / AUD / Internal Latency = Medium <<< higher = less CPU consuming
SETUP / AUD / Sample Rate = 48000Hz <<< lower = less CPU consuming
SETUP / AUD / Overall LFO/Envelope Accuracy = Low (1/16 Sample Rate) <<< lower = less CPU consuming

Also the following settings affect the performance significantly:

SETUP / SMP / Number of Drum Sampler Tracks <<< lower = less CPU consuming
SETUP / SYN / Number of VA-Beast Synthesizer Tracks <<< lower = less CPU consuming
SETUP / SYN / Number of VA-Beast Synthesizer Voices <<< lower = less CPU consuming
nautama

Postby nautama » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:50 pm

Thanks a lot, I will continue to run tests. On the topic of changing graphic settings, it's just a matter of pressing down the Info button? I have tried in two devices and hasn't worked. Thanks!
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:02 am

nautama wrote:Thanks a lot, I will continue to run tests. On the topic of changing graphic settings, it's just a matter of pressing down the Info button? I have tried in two devices and hasn't worked. Thanks!

You're welcome.
Btw. don't waste your time with the graphic settings. These are from a time when the devices have been much slower.
Most relevant are the audio settings.

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”