Mapping Drum Machine issue

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
nauta369

Mapping Drum Machine issue

Postby nauta369 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:45 pm

Hi!
I've just mapped several parameters from the VA-Beast to my Akai MPK mini2 and it works great.

I've then mapped the some parameters of the Drum Machine using the 'Selected Track' option to the same 8 knobs of the controller and the problem is the parameters are activated both eat the same time at the Drum Machine Track and the VA-Beast selected instrument.

So, is it actually possible to adjust the parameters independently from the Drum Machine and the VA-Beast even if using the same knobs?

I'd appreciate if someone can tell me how.

Thank you!
planet-h

Re: Mapping Drum Machine issue

Postby planet-h » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:29 pm

Welcome to the forum, nauta369
and thanks for your message
nauta369 wrote:I've just mapped several parameters from the VA-Beast to my Akai MPK mini2 and it works great.

I've then mapped the some parameters of the Drum Machine using the 'Selected Track' option to the same 8 knobs of the controller and the problem is the parameters are activated both eat the same time at the Drum Machine Track and the VA-Beast selected instrument.

So, is it actually possible to adjust the parameters independently from the Drum Machine and the VA-Beast even if using the same knobs?

I'd appreciate if someone can tell me how.

The AKAI MPK mini MKII has only one MIDI channel for all knobs and pads by default.
And if you fire always the same MIDI channel towards G-Stomper, then all tracks/instruments that are mapped to that MIDI channel will react.

MIDI separates between different instruments by different MIDI channels.
Therefore you need different MIDI channels configured on your MPK mini 2 for different knobs or knob banks if there are any.
If the MPK allows that (you'll find out by reading its manual), then it can be done with the AKAI setup software (as far as I know, this is supported by the MPK mini 2).
Once done you can map the one MIDI channel to the selected drum track and another MIDI channel to the selected VA-Beast Track
nauta369

Re: Mapping Drum Machine issue

Postby nauta369 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:08 pm

Hi!
Thanks for your quick reply.

I'll check that up then.

Thank you!

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”