Launchpad feature with the drum pads in g stomper producer

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
Musicmatters

Launchpad feature with the drum pads in g stomper producer

Postby Musicmatters » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:12 am

Good day to you. While using g stomper producer I noticed you allow music to be made using the drum pads. But I will like to know if it's possible to make the drum pads work more like a launchpad like remixlive in the play store. What I want to do is to be able to start a loop by pressing one pad and then stop it when I press it again, and mix different sounds together through improvisation. Is any of that possible with the current set up?
planet-h

Re: Launchpad feature with the drum pads in g stomper producer

Postby planet-h » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:24 am

Musicmatters wrote:Good day to you. While using g stomper producer I noticed you allow music to be made using the drum pads. But I will like to know if it's possible to make the drum pads work more like a launchpad like remixlive in the play store. What I want to do is to be able to start a loop by pressing one pad and then stop it when I press it again, and mix different sounds together through improvisation. Is any of that possible with the current set up?

With pre-recorded audio loops, this isn't possible and it won't be possible in the future. G-Stomper Producer is not meant to be used with pre-recorded audio loops.

You can use G-Stomper Producer that way with its own patterns of course.
Just watch the video tutorial at https://youtu.be/NN9LbEo8vys?t=813 (starting at 13:33) and you'll see how it works.

Or check out the related chapter in the documentation:
https://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/ ... part21.htm

If you want to work with pre-recorded audio loops, then use RemixLive for this purpose.
You can use RemixLive togeter with G-Stomper Producer, either on the same device in split-screen/multi-window mode, or on a different device. In both cases you can sync both apps using Ableton Link over a local WiFi network.

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”