lpd8 wirelless midi mapping - INDEPENDENT controller action

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
lonbluster

Re: lpd8 wirelless midi mapping - INDEPENDENT controller action

Postby lonbluster » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:07 pm

There are not 0-127 values on buttons, only Toggle and Momentary.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:42 am

lonbluster wrote:There are not 0-127 values on buttons, only Toggle and Momentary.

1. Send value 0 for off and value 127 for on. I think that is the case anyway for mode "toggle".

2. Also, did you map/learn the Sampler MIDI channel of that button on "Sampler channels, ports / selected Track T[..]"?
In the video you have sent me, nothing happens, neither on nor off, which means you're not firing events towards the correctly mapped channel.
If you don't map the sampler MIDI channel, the events are not executed.
Important, the "selected Track T[..]" is the track that is selected using the drum pads, either on the drum machine, the track grid or the drum pads view.
Having the Track T01 selected means that only the Ins FX of T01 are controlled by the "selected Track T[..]" channel mapping. Opening another tracks Ins FX on the Mixer does not change the track selection.

3. Be sure to have an FX loaded in Ins FX1 when testing. Without having an actual FX loaded (means the slot is empty), then the events are ignored as these are irrelevant in that case.
lonbluster

Postby lonbluster » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:35 pm

Yes, another channel issue..knobs are on a different channel than pads.
Thanks again!
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:53 pm

lonbluster wrote:Yes, another channel issue..knobs are on a different channel than pads.
Thanks again!

Ah, yes. That's often the case. I'm glad you got it to work. The video was very helpful.
lonbluster

Postby lonbluster » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:39 pm

Here s my LPD8 wireless SETUP, in case someone needs a reference.

lpd8_example1024.jpg
lpd8_example1024.jpg (145.63 KiB) Viewed 8490 times
Last edited by lonbluster on Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:01 pm

lonbluster wrote:Here s my LPD8 wireless SETUP, in case someone needs a reference.

Thanks a lot for sharing your setup. That's surely helpful.
I've added the actual (slightly resized) picture to the post to make it easier to catch.
lonbluster

Postby lonbluster » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:35 am

With the above setup on Program 3 ch. 2 I discovered something didn t think possible. Besides sending solo and mute keys it is doing note edit (and Play as well) at the same time for the currently selected sample. And trasposition changes actually apply. Is this feature documented? How can I avoid sending double commands?
I tried to put the VTs to None... I don t see how it can do note Edit and with what logic.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:02 pm

lonbluster wrote:With the above setup on Program 3 ch. 2 I discovered something didn t think possible. Besides sending solo and mute keys it is doing note edit (and Play as well) at the same time for the currently selected sample. And trasposition changes actually apply. Is this feature documented? How can I avoid sending double commands?
I tried to put the VTs to None... I don t see how it can do note Edit and with what logic.

Even if it's not recommended to use the same MIDI channel as Global Channel and as Drum Sampler Selected Track Channel, it is still technically possible.
But as I already said in a previous answer in one of your other topics, if you use the same channel for both, then you MUST clear all Global Key Mappings.
In short, when using the same MIDI Channel for Global and Selected Sampler Track, then you cannot use the Global Key Mappings without getting multiple triggers of different Notes.
lonbluster

Postby lonbluster » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:30 pm

I remember your post.. But what do you mean ? Clear and then reinsert ?
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:06 pm

planet-h wrote:In short, when using the same MIDI Channel for Global and Selected Sampler Track, then you cannot use the Global Key Mappings without getting multiple triggers of different Notes.

I think this was crystal clear.

lonbluster wrote:I remember your post.. But what do you mean ? Clear and then reinsert ?

I mean clear .... and then do not use the global key mappings.
They stand in conflict with the Sampler Track Mapping that is using the same MIDI channel.

As said:
Do not use the same MIDI channel for Global and Sampler Track.
If you still do that, then you must clear the global key mappings and accept the limitation that you cannot listen to MIDI notes on the same channel in different modules without getting conflicts!
This has nothing to do with the app. This is part of the nature how MIDI works.

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”