question about synth preset packs

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
Littlewoodg

question about synth preset packs

Postby Littlewoodg » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:49 pm

Hi
In my latest round of pack purchases I bought sets of synth presets (nord stuff, dance leads etc)
I've found them in the file system on my device but they don't seem to work, each preset in the nord pack for example just clicks....
Thanks for looking into this
planet-h

Re: question about synth preset packs

Postby planet-h » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:42 am

Thanks for your message, Littlewoodg.

Littlewoodg wrote:In my latest round of pack purchases I bought sets of synth presets (nord stuff, dance leads etc)
I've found them in the file system on my device but they don't seem to work, each preset in the nord pack for example just clicks....
Thanks for looking into this

These are old packs, which are released by LucidSamples.
We had released some volumes of those as well, but we took them down because these are no longer officially supported.
However, you can of course still use them. But in order to do so you must copy the presets to the private folders of your G-Stomper app.
These older packs (versions before 3.0) copy the pack content to /sdcard/gstomper/..., in other words to the shared storage of your device.
Furthermore, the presets in these packs are sample based, which means the loading process (even when using the System Files Picker) requires access to the shared storage (which is no longer possible).
Therefore, once you've installed the packs, you must copy the pack content from /sdcard/gstomper/... to the private/isolated folders of your G-Stomper app.

Here is a detailed walk-through for the copy process:
https://www.planet-h.com/faq/#useoldfilehandling

Also be sure to check out this post about the new private/isolated storage handling:
Important Note about using Shared/Isolated Storage and the new File System Handling

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”