Important Note about using Shared/Isolated Storage and the new File System Handling

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
drewinnit

Re: Important Note about using Shared/Isolated Storage and the new File System Handling

Postby drewinnit » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:00 am

Yes I tried all of that, see above :) sadly didn't work for me

Just sharing a tip for others who also suffer from the removal of this feature. A year is a long time!
https://soundcloud.com/fevered-shiva
planet-h

Re: Important Note about using Shared/Isolated Storage and the new File System Handling

Postby planet-h » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:10 am

drewinnit wrote:Yes I tried all of that, see above :) sadly didn't work for me

Just sharing a tip for others who also suffer from the removal of this feature. A year is a long time!

Fully understand that;).

Btw. As from Android 10, the System Files Picker comes with a handy preview feature for samples.
DiBase

Postby DiBase » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:13 pm

Hi, I tried what you suggested in your statement:

All you have to do in order to get the same access to the files as you had before in the older versions, is to copy your samples to the folder "/sdcard/Android/data/<app package name>/files/gstomper/usersamples/". If you store your samples there, you can just load them as you did in the old versions (including quick sample selector, scroll next, and everything else).
The complete guide where to store your own samples on Android 8.0 or higher can be found in the docs at:
https://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/ ... /part4.htm

but I can not access any files on the sdcard, unless I longpress using the system file picker.

Is there some special key or hidden option, I'd have to use so I can activate access to the sd folder?

I'm asking because it looks like I can not use the SdCard for my drum samples, and my internal storage doesn't have that capacity.

Thanks in advance.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:18 pm

DiBase wrote:but I can not access any files on the sdcard, unless I longpress using the system file picker.

Correct.

DiBase wrote:Is there some special key or hidden option, I'd have to use so I can activate access to the sd folder?

By long press and using the file picker, there is no other way anymore. As already stated, this was forced by Google, and there is no way getting around it.

DiBase wrote:I'm asking because it looks like I can not use the SdCard for my drum samples, and my internal storage doesn't have that capacity.

You can, but you have to use the long press function and the file picker to load them.
DiBase

Postby DiBase » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:57 pm

Thanks dear Planet-h for your reply.

That is quite unlucky to read because I like the stomper a lot for beatmaking.

Seems that we unfortunately have to accept Google's decisions.

Nontheless I know that Caustic has the same policy,
but in this APP, you can activate the SD search Funktion by typing in a code. Wouldn't that be possible with G-Stomper Software AS well?
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:13 pm

DiBase wrote:Nontheless I know that Caustic has the same policy,
but in this APP, you can activate the SD search Funktion by typing in a code. Wouldn't that be possible with G-Stomper Software AS well?

Caustic just didn't fix it yet. And at some point, rather sooner than later, Google will enforce it. And those app, that haven't fixed it then, will definitely suffer most.
harrisonNET

Giving hopes for a day stuffed with passion and laughter!

Postby harrisonNET » Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:30 pm

Delighted to see this! Amazing information and the level of detail distributed is incredible!
Thanks all!

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”