Important Note about using Shared/Isolated Storage and the new File System Handling

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
planet-h

Important Note about using Shared/Isolated Storage and the new File System Handling

Postby planet-h » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:26 pm

The upcoming Android OS versions (Q and R) force all apps to go that way, and there is no way around it. Android Q introduces Scoped Storage and forces every app to use the “System Files Picker” in order to access files outside of its private, isolated storage.

We’re doing our best to give you an as smooth as possible transition. But it is clear that this is a major change, and we’re sorry for your inconveniences.

Here are the answers in the FAQ to the most asked questions about the latest privacy update:

Why do I have to use the “System Files Picker” to access files in Shared Storage?

I don't like the new File System Handling. How can I get the old Handling back?

I cannot find my existing files after updating the G-Stomper App and/or Android.
siestomp

Re: Important Note about using Shared/Isolated Storage and the new File System Handling

Postby siestomp » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:07 pm

planet-h wrote:... we’re sorry for your inconveniences.

As the users of Stomper are intelligent and flexible creatures, we'll learn how to deal with ;)
planet-h

Re: Important Note about using Shared/Isolated Storage and the new File System Handling

Postby planet-h » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:16 am

siestomp wrote:
planet-h wrote:... we’re sorry for your inconveniences.

As the users of Stomper are intelligent and flexible creatures, we'll learn how to deal with ;)

Thank you for being that flexible, siestomp :).

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”